Pine Trees 28 Palm Trees 27 | Syracusefan.com

Pine Trees 28 Palm Trees 27

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Go big or go home

Spence 4 years - 34
Spence 2 years - 24

When looking this up, I realized I share a birth day with Rob Spence. That surely means I will eat crow for this prediction, right?

No. 3 Clemson (4-0, 2-0) at Syracuse (2-2), 3:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2. We have heard a lot of Syracuse players speak confidently about their chances at pulling the upset this weekend. The Orange have, after all, pulled an upset or two over a ranked team at home the last several years. The plan will be the same as the one that flustered Teddy Bridgewater and Geno Smith -- put pressure on Tajh Boyd and hope that does enough to limit the skill players on the perimeter and keep the scoring down. But if the Tigers can handle the pressure, watch out. The Syracuse secondary has been a weak spot defensively this year. Terrel Hunt has played well in the last two games for Syracuse. But he has not seen anybody that compares to Vic Beasley or this Clemson defensive front yet. The Dome crowd will be loud, but ultimately Clemson will prevail in large part because it will win the matchups up front.

AA says: Clemson 30, Syracuse 20

HD says: Clemson 35, Syracuse 21

Yankees 31
Rednecks 28

No. 3 Clemson (4-0, 2-0) at Syracuse (2-2), 3:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2. We have heard a lot of Syracuse players speak confidently about their chances at pulling the upset this weekend. The Orange have, after all, pulled an upset or two over a ranked team at home the last several years. The plan will be the same as the one that flustered Teddy Bridgewater and Geno Smith -- put pressure on Tajh Boyd and hope that does enough to limit the skill players on the perimeter and keep the scoring down. But if the Tigers can handle the pressure, watch out. The Syracuse secondary has been a weak spot defensively this year. Terrel Hunt has played well in the last two games for Syracuse. But he has not seen anybody that compares to Vic Beasley or this Clemson defensive front yet. The Dome crowd will be loud, but ultimately Clemson will prevail in large part because it will win the matchups up front.

AA says: Clemson 30, Syracuse 20

HD says: Clemson 35, Syracuse 21

Yankees 31
Rednecks 28
Decent analysis. I love that the #3 team in the country is coming to the Dome vs. a 2-2 SU team and I haven't seen one prediction of a complete blowout. That's a pat on the back to HCSS and what FHCDM built thus far. Lot's of work to be done though.

Go big or go home
Nancy O'Dell 30 Dr. Morse O. DellPlain 29

Dr DellPlain graduated from SU in 1905 and was a trustee of the university from 1956 to 1962. DellPlain Hall was named after him...

Go big or go home

You must not know that scrubby pine trees, that are always falling over and knocking things down, are the bain of all Carolinians.;)

Decent analysis. I love that the #3 team in the country is coming to the Dome vs. a 2-2 SU team and I haven't seen one prediction of a complete blowout. That's a pat on the back to HCSS and what FHCDM built thus far. Lot's of work to be done though.
Sure, but that doesn't mean we won't get smacked. Just because a few media types don't predict a big blowout doesn't really mean it can't or won't happen. I hope it doesn't, and I think it'll be a good game. I'm worried about Clemson's speed and athleticism, as well as the trenches. Let's hope the crowd does play a big factor.

Just so you know, Clemson is in upstate SC. So there are no palm trees there but there are a lot of pine trees. You see a lot more Palmetto trees in SC than Palm trees. That's why the Palmetto tree is the state tree.

Carry on.

Just so you know, Clemson is in upstate SC. So there are no palm trees there but there are a lot of pine trees. You see a lot more Palmetto trees in SC than Palm trees. That's why the Palmetto tree is the state tree.

Carry on.
I'm surprised none of the ESFers here pointed that out.

Also,

My undergrad* 37
My adviser's graduate school 34

Carmen Basilio (Canastota, NY)- 45
Joe Frazier (Beaufort, SC) - 31

My software engineering mentor and former boss is a Clemson grad. That said...

Lost to WV in a bowl recently 41
Beat WV in a bowl recently 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom