PINSTRIPE BOWL CONFIRMED? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PINSTRIPE BOWL CONFIRMED?

If overall record is not to be used, then we're 5-2 in conference ... same as Louisville, Rutgers, and Cinci ... and we ARE 1-2 against them. How does that make us the best? Not that I don't want you to be right, mind you.
So losing to co-champions of the league makes us worse than if we had lost to league opponents that won't make bowl games?

Well, we should have won 2 more games then and all this would be moot.

You're right. The fact is, the players should be very happy with their performance over the last half of the year - and whatever bowl destination they receive. Great momentum for the team, coaches, and entire program.

Nobody should forget that it took the team's worst performance of the year to lose to Rutgirls - if the team didn't hand them 6 gift turnovers, the Orange would be heading to the BCS. But that's the game, and those are the results- no crying allowed. Yes the Orange is the best performing team in conference right now, but you have to show it on the scoreboard, not through lip service. I'm still giddy with 7-5 after starting 2-4. How quickly we all can forget.

What an exciting season - thanks to Nassib, the seniors, all the players and coaches. The USF and Mizzou come from behind wins were legend. The UL beatdown was just fun. The Pitt defensive slugfest was old-school smashmouth. Other than a bad late hit call during Northwestern, and the worst officiating ever seen during Cinci - the whole season exceeded expectations.

Let's Go Orange!!!

ESPN predicts Syracuse vs. TCU in the Pinstripe.

He's not wrong. The difference between the 4 teams? 3 decided to fatten up on glorified high schools during the non-conference and we played a big boy schedule. It ended up costing us.
I'll still take our big boy schedule as we see what happened at the end of the season:)

It's amazing that word isn't leaking out, which tells me that decisions have not been made yet.

So, it's probably not Birmingham?

Well, at least we have this great song featuring 'the meanest dog in Alabam':

BTW, saw him back at Crouse College in 1971 or thereabouts. The opener? Bonnie Raitt.

Yes, I'm old.

No, two of them didn't go 1-2 against the other 3. That's the difference. Has nada to do with SOS.
I don't buy this. The top BE teams' conference records are all 5-2. The only reason we have more losses overall is that we chose not to play cupcakes. Yes we had 2 BE losses... but those games were close, on the road and involved lots of TO's. That's our fault, but it tells you something about the way the ball bounced for us.

When we held onto the ball, we beat the conference's BCS representative by 3 touchdowns.

And, face facts, Rutgers' sucks. That was a collosal choke job ... loosing to an opposing QB with a fractured wrist, who couldn't even walk ... pretty pathetic.

I think this comes down to matchups and marketing for the bowls, not overall records.

It's amazing that word isn't leaking out, which tells me that decisions have not been made yet.
It would be nice if there's a choice that the team can ring in on.

ESPN predicts Syracuse vs. TCU in the Pinstripe.

Being realistic, this is my ideal. Was looking forward to playing them in the BE. They're another private school. Plus I dig their unis and logos.

I don't buy this. The top BE teams' conference records are all 5-2. The only reason we have more losses overall is that we chose not to play cupcakes. Yes we had 2 BE losses... but those games were close, on the road and involved lots of TO's. That's our fault, but it tells you something about the way the ball bounced for us.

When we held onto the ball, we beat the conference's BCS representative by 3 touchdowns.

And, face facts, Rutgers' sucks. That was a collosal choke job ... loosing to an opposing QB with a fractured wrist, who couldn't even walk ... was pretty pathetic.

I think this comes down to matchups and marketing for the bowls, not overall records.

Selective information much? Saying we win the game without turning the ball over (something that is part of every single football game), is like saying I wouldn't have been late to work today if I left my house earlier. What about those two wins we squeaked out in the last few seconds? Right now, we are playing the best in the BE, agreed. To others, we have the same conference record as three other opponents, and are 1-2 against them. It is what it is. Considering we started the year 1-3, any bowl is a fantastic accomplishment.

If overall record is not to be used, then we're 5-2 in conference ... same as Louisville, Rutgers, and Cinci ... and we ARE 1-2 against them. How does that make us the best? Not that I don't want you to be right, mind you.

Because everyone here are Syracuse fans, duh.

Seriously though, stop speaking logically, it's a fanbase forum :)

The bowls should be ashamed for not taking the best team. If it ends up Pinstripe, the team will be very disappointed. Though they'll never say it. Cold weather and bowl #4 for the best team.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I am tired of this argument. The best team would have won the BE outright. We didnt get it done. You cant argue that. I dont care how well we are playing. We should have done it against Rutgers and Cincy. Everyone has a couple of plays that could have gone either way.

The early season Scheduling debacle and what appears to be a failure to close a deal with any of the "top" bowls in a free for all.

The early season Scheduling debacle and what appears to be a failure to close a deal with any of the "top" bowls in a free for all.

Yeah, screw him for having us play games that people should actually want to see. Let's schedule Howard and Army next year.

Yeah, screw him for having us play games that people should actually want to see. Let's schedule Howard and Army next year.
If we had taken one more chip shot the schedule or TGD had done his job in establishing relationships with the bowl committees, we, as BE co-champs wouldn't be facing the prospects of participating in a lesser bowl than we deserve.

An OOC schedule featuring two B10 teams, one SEC team and USC on the road did not help these kids and the program.

You realize, of course, that the bowls go shopping for teams, right? Teams don't go shopping for bowls. And as for the "early season scheduling debacle"... Oh Lord

You realize, of course, that the bowls go shopping for teams, right? Teams don't go shopping for bowls. And as for the "early season scheduling debacle"... Oh Lord

..and you probably don't realize that schools lobby bowls for inclusion in these instances...wow.

If we had taken one more chip shot the schedule or TGD had done his job in establishing relationships with the bowl committees, we, as BE co-champs wouldn't be facing the prospects of participating in a lesser bowl than we deserve.

An OOC schedule featuring two B10 teams, one SEC team and USC on the road did not help these kids and the program.
Then go be mad at WFVU, because their late pull-out caused us to have to schedule Mizzou. Like it or not, Syracuse is not going to schedule two 1-AA's in a single season. And the MAC's and Sun Belt's had no availability. You should do you homework before spouting off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom