PINSTRIPE BOWL CONFIRMED? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

PINSTRIPE BOWL CONFIRMED?

Then go be mad at WFVU, because their late pull-out caused us to have to schedule Mizzou. Like it or not, Syracuse is not going to schedule two 1-AA's in a single season. And the MAC's and Sun Belt's had no availability. You should do you homework before spouting off.
Lol..sure..I will. Apparently, you missed how these situations have been resolved in the past using other programs. In any event..

And with your "Son" comment, I am finished on this one. Not going to sink to your level.

Lol..sure..I will. Apparently, you missed how these situations have been resolved in the past using other programs. In any event..
I didn't realize you worked for the AD and knew about all the other teams out there that had spots available and we ignored. Do you truly believe we had our choice of games and willingly chose to play an SEC game on the road to fill the open slot? If you really believe all this, I'm not sure what to say to you. I'm done.

I didn't realize you worked for the AD and knew about all the other teams out there that had spots available and we ignored. Do you truly believe we had our choice of games and willingly chose to play an SEC game on the road to fill the open slot? If you really believe all this, I'm not sure what to say to you. I'm done.

My sources tell me we really wanted to play bama at bama. Or Oregon at Oregon. They were both booked, as was Florida, Texas, and Ohio state. And the New York giants. So we settled for Mizzou.

If we had taken one more chip shot the schedule or TGD had done his job in establishing relationships with the bowl committees, we, as BE co-champs wouldn't be facing the prospects of participating in a lesser bowl than we deserve.

An OOC schedule featuring two B10 teams, one SEC team and USC on the road did not help these kids and the program.

It helped them understand how to face adversity and tough teams. Do you think playing an army would benefit us in the bowl game against a tough team. You have play the best to beat the best. I'd rather us win a lower bowl than lose a bigger bowl (outside of the BCS bowls). And it isn't like we couldn't have beaten Minnesota or Northwestern, we just didn't close. We weren't out of our league. I'm happy Dr. Gross gave us the schedule we did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom