Pinstripe Bowl Tailgate | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Bowl Tailgate

BigRic

Walk On
Will SU be putting together a sponsored tailgate for the Pinstripe Bowl again this year ? I know they’ve done something at Billy’s in the past, just wondering if anyone has heard anything or could share a link.

Thanks !

$150 per person. Does NOT include game ticket.

Pregame Hospitality Inside Yankee Stadium

• Join your fellow fans from stadium opening until kickoff at an exclusive pre-game reception in the Ford Field MVP Club inside Yankee Stadium! Includes game day menu of salads, chicken tenders, Stadium Sliders, All-Beef Hot Dogs, Fries, desserts, and soft beverages. A cash bar is available. The Ford Field MVP Club is Yankee Stadium's stunning lounge, which is located behind home plate on the Field Level. Capacity is limited.

Thanks for posting but $150 for that package with no open bar is steep !!

Thanks for posting but $150 for that package with no open bar is steep !!

This the "official" package.

I'm sure one of the local bars will have better stuff.

• Join your fellow fans from stadium opening until kickoff at an exclusive pre-game reception in the Ford Field MVP Club inside Yankee Stadium! Includes game day menu of salads, chicken tenders, Stadium Sliders, All-Beef Hot Dogs, Fries, desserts, and soft beverages. A cash bar is available. The Ford Field MVP Club is Yankee Stadium's stunning lounge, which is located behind home plate on the Field Level. Capacity is limited.

I don't think this could sound anymore unappealing. Come pay $150 for a terrible hotdog, some salad...and oh yea, you owe us for beer.

LOL…Only in NYC can one shamelessly pitch a fast food buffet for $150…and act like people are getting a deal.

I’m not sure “hospitality” is the word I’d use for this exercise.

My understanding from a contact w the SU alumni admin is the Billy's thing will be happening again. $44 per person, 22 for kids. But not sure its open for signup yet. Contract was being finalized a couple days ago.
Correct...

LOL…Only in NYC can one shamelessly pitch a fast food buffet for $150…and act like people are getting a deal.
And remember space is limited!

I'm seeing a STAN's tailgate but thats a flat 50 bucks for adults (fine) and kids (insane)...is this the only option? Anyone hearing of anything else?

I'm seeing a STAN's tailgate but thats a flat 50 bucks for adults (fine) and kids (insane)...is this the only option? Anyone hearing of anything else?

Yeah, just got the official e-mail from the University tonight -- 50 bucks for 3 beers? No thanks.

1670638910579.png

Not only that, but as for the game itself...

View attachment 222971
Oh snap, I haven’t bought ours yet. I probably will tonight or tomorrow then. Is it really possible that SU might be running out of their tickets already, or are they just saying that?

Last edited:
Yeah, just got the official e-mail from the University tonight -- 50 bucks for 3 beers? No thanks.

View attachment 222970
is $50 really a bad deal? whats a beer in the stands gonna cost $10-15? you have to eat $10 worth of snacks? And if you went with someone who isnt drinking much they drink soft drinks and you get free beer?

What's everyone's plan for parking?
That’s what I’m wondering.

My plan is to park somewhere north of the city at a train station on the Hudson line. Probably somewhere around Dobbs Ferry and then take the MetroNorth in right to Yankee Stadium.

Parking is tough around the stadium and certainly not conducive to any sort of tailgate

My plan is to park somewhere north of the city at a train station on the Hudson line. Probably somewhere around Dobbs Ferry and then take the MetroNorth in right to Yankee Stadium.

Parking is tough around the stadium and certainly not conducive to any sort of tailgate
I can’t personally vouch for this site but this is where I’m leaning, I’m very close to purchasing one of these parking passes. I have to research it on a desktop first to make sure it’s a solid website.

As far as driving through the Bronx, honestly it’s not that bad. You just have to pay attention and anticipate random people speeding and cutting you off. I do it several times a year on the way to Long Island.

Just don’t wander around on foot obviously.

Update, I went ahead and purchased a parking pass. Used PayPal for peace of mind. 0.3 miles from the stadium, looks like a safe walk. Right across from that Stan’s Sports Bar, not that we will be going there but good safe location. Altogether it was $37.

Any board members interested in a small informal meet up at Bronx Draft House pre game? It's apparently a couple blocks from the stadium to possible it may not be QUITE as crazy? Never been there but I am leaning toward it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom