Pinstripe Bowl Tidbit | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Bowl Tidbit

I have to figure with the two leagues getting involved the payout should increase. The Bowl last year had great ratings when given a good TV slot. Hopefully the Bowl will elevate up to 2nd Tier Stature and get good midafternoon TV slots. Unfortunately this game shouldn't be played at night. I'm thinking ACC/B1G #4 or 5 teams.

Rutgers vs. Syracuse Pinstriple Bowl 2015!!

Rutgers Michigan State vs. Syracuse Pinstriple Bowl 2015!!

I was informed that Rutgers will have a losing season in 2015 and ineligible.

If the Pinstripe Bowl increases payouts...this might be a bowl that 8 and 9 win teams go to. That said I hope the ACC can add several new bowls with the new teams coming in to include Notre Dame.

The problem I see is the only bowls to add our currently with the Big East.

Rutgers vs. Syracuse Pinstriple Bowl 2015!!
By 2015, the skank infection introduced by the Scarlet Knights will have decimated the B1G. No teams in the top 25. No teams with winning records.

Maybe the ACK! Conference can get their bid that year.

skunk_592845.jpg

Even taking SU out of the equation, I would find any plausible ACC-B1G match-up infinitely more appealing than say, Kansas vs. Tulane.

Even taking SU out of the equation, I would find any plausible ACC-B1G match-up infinitely more appealing than say, Kansas vs. Tulane.
I concur

By 2015, the skank infection introduced by the Scarlet Knights will have decimated the B1G. No teams in the top 25. No teams with winning records.

Maybe the ACK! Conference can get their bid that year.

skunk_592845.jpg
Great job with your signature. SU has edged past UCLA, and is now #6 all time in hoops winning percentage.

RE: the 43 consecutive winning seasons--might that be the all-time record? Or at least, closing in on the record?

Great job with your signature. SU has edged past UCLA, and is now #6 all time in hoops winning percentage.

RE: the 43 consecutive winning seasons--might that be the all-time record? Or at least, closing in on the record?
Thank you.

Props to rstone7727 for letting me know SU had passed UCLA in that area. According to SWC, UCLA has the record for consecutive winning seasons with 50. This link says they have the record but that it is 54 consecutive seasons (1949-2002). I believe that is actually the correct number.

I think that the Pinstripe Bowl is playing this extremely smart. They are hedging their bets on the whole "team of NY" thing. Really...every team that can even remotely make a case for being the most popular team in NY will be represented by these conferences. Syracuse, Rutgers, Penn State...even Notre Dame, sort of. So it will be a rare year at least one of these teams is not in the mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom