Pinstripe Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Bowl

Devilsadvocate

Scout Team
Mark Blaudschun, in his 'A Jersey Guy' blog, wrote today that "The American Conference is working on a deal with the Pinstripe Bowl in New York City to play against a Big Ten member each season."

That's as in AAC, not ACC.

Here we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify:

The Pinstripe people want a junior conference with two regional teams, UConn and Temple, with Cincy the next closest team, over a big boy conference with Syracuse, Pitt, BC, UVA, VPI, all closer than Cincy. Got it. Let's not consider that Miami, FSU, Clemson, GATech, et al. might accept a bid, but the Pinstripe peeps are more interested in Memphis, UCF, Tulane and Tulsa. I'm still missing some of the logic.

AAC Commish: Hello, Pinstripe Bowl, can we play in your yard?
Pinstripe Bowl: Not today, junior. (They are nice people and didn't want to hurt AAC's feelings)
Writer: AAC in talks with Pinstripe Bowl to play versus the Big Ten.

Just to clarify:

The Pinstripe people want a junior conference with two regional teams, UConn and Temple, with Cincy the next closest team, over a big boy conference with Syracuse, Pitt, BC, UVA, VPI, all closer than Cincy. Got it. Let's not consider that Miami, FSU, Clemson, GATech, et al. might accept a bid, but the Pinstripe peeps are more interested in Memphis, UCF, Tulane and Tulsa. I'm still missing some of the logic.

Pinstripe Bowl: Not today, junior. (They are nice people and didn't want to hurt AAC's feelings)

More importantly, has the BiG ever signed on with the Big East as a partner in any bowl before?

Cheers,
Neil

Just to clarify:

More like this...

Pinstripe Bowl: There's a one in a million chance that we renew your contract.
AAC Commish: So you're saying there's a chance.

Can't really believe the Pinstripe would want the AAC, unless the ACC already said, "No thanks."

Can't really believe the Pinstripe would want the AAC, unless the ACC already said, "No thanks."
And shortly after the ACC said no...so did the MAC leaving them with no choice.

Guys, just a thought. And I have no inside information here. But let's remember we are in the ACC,that's great - but now we are one of the schools fighting with the Carolina mafia. Just because something makes sense for us, doesn't mean the mafia wants it. We were the old Big East and they thought like us. A bowl game up north might not make sense to a southern conference and their teams as, say, a trip to Nashville for a bowl.

Guys, just a thought. And I have no inside information here. But let's remember we are in the ACC,that's great - but now we are one of the schools fighting with the Carolina mafia. Just because something makes sense for us, doesn't mean the mafia wants it. We were the old Big East and they thought like us. A bowl game up north might not make sense to a southern conference and their teams as, say, a trip to Nashville for a bowl.

Money talks in the bowl world and the Pinstripe Bowl offers more payout money than most bowls. Of the 35 bowls from last year, 15 had a higher payout than the Pinstripe Bowl and that would include the 4 BCS bowls and the NCG. Then pull out the Cotton and the Rose and there are 8 left.

I am pretty sure that the ACC would want the payout as well as the national media in NYC over a lower payout and a bowl in Nashville or some such place because it is warm.

Spin. AAC is taking their inquiry and trying to muster some momentum for other bowls. Seriously, the most logical inquiry they can make is the Pinstripe Bowl. (1) Big East had an affiliation with it; (2) it was largely successful; and (3) uh... what other higher tier bowl did the Big East have a tie-in to that they have a chance of retaining? Rinse.

No way...the ACC has 4 new teams coming in...they need bowl games.

BC, Cuse, Pitt, ND even UL, UVA and VT would be prime candidates. Miami would also be a possibility.

I like AAC: sounds like one of my cats when they throw up a hairball.

AAC.jpg

of course the aac is going to try to get the Pinstripe. of course they are working on a deal.

Pinstripe has them over a barrel, lets see what gets 'negotiated'.

the end result could be as simple as a 1 sentence statement...

'the Pinstripe Bowl has thoroughly discussed and vetted the aac as a Bowl partner and has decided to go in a different direction.'

next...

Oh Lord

ACC sends a team out to Boise every year (usually BC when they're eligible ;)) so I doubt they'd turn their nose up at a game in NYC with a nice payout

Could the AAC's role be, only when there is no ACC or B1G qualifier?

ACC sends a team out to Boise every year (usually BC when they're eligible ;)) so I doubt they'd turn their nose up at a game in NYC with a nice payout

acc no longer has tie in with boise bowl but they do have one in sf

Spin. AAC is taking their inquiry and trying to muster some momentum for other bowls. Seriously, the most logical inquiry they can make is the Pinstripe Bowl. (1) Big East had an affiliation with it; (2) it was largely successful; and (3) uh... what other higher tier bowl did the Big East have a tie-in to that they have a chance of retaining? Rinse.
AAC winner vs. Big Ten loser. by that I mean #12.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

AAC winner vs. Big Ten loser. by that I mean #12.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
Would provide a nice potential platform for Rutgers. They could play there 2 years in a row: AAC Winner one year, Last Place B1G the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom