Pinstripe it is! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe it is!

Credit to DG to fighting for this (I assume he did). Credit SU fans for showing up last time...I think in the final analysis, the Pinstripe people knew we would bring a lot more people than Pitt would.

Great draw of teams for the bowl...they must be thrilled. A month ago, it looked like the Big East wouldn't even be able to provide a team, forget about NYC's favorite team.

Congrats and good for the team!! Sucky for me...could've gone to Compass or Russell...oh well...will be rooting for them from afar as usual!! GO ORANGE!!

Dunno, the Sun Bowl's a pretty fun time. They do a great job out there.

From what I've read in the past, the bowl committee organizes visits to Fort Bliss and they get to ride tanks. It's a better payout too. But have you been to West Texas before? Maybe you could add in a trip across the border (if you were interested in getting murdered). El Paso is an oil and border town. It's desolate; 8 hours from San Antonio, 4 from Albuquerque. At least Birmingham takes you through Atlanta or Nashville and the gulf coast beaches are 3 hrs away.

Eh, it doesn't matter. Glad we're bowling. Hope this helps the recruiting.

Personally, I wanted the BBVA Compass: different bowl, chance for SEC scalp, and most importantly, I coincidentally would've been in Alabama at that time and would've gone to the game.

Pinstripe = more butts in seats but I don't think it's a good idea to go back to the Pinstripe so soon. A lot of the players on the team have already been there. This selection was more for the fans. I'm surprised/indifferent that the Pinstripe committee selected SU.

Last tidbit - we complain about how bad a bowl game in Birmingham would be for us but we could just as easily get stuck in El Paso for the Sun Bowl (4th pick) when we're in the ACC.

Given our focus on the NYC metro for recruiting, being in the Pinstripe Bowl is useful for more than just being a close game for fans.

From what I've read in the past, the bowl committee organizes visits to Fort Bliss and they get to ride tanks. It's a better payout too. But have you been to West Texas before? Maybe you could add in a trip across the border (if you were interested in getting murdered). El Paso is an oil and border town. It's desolate; 8 hours from San Antonio, 4 from Albuquerque. At least Birmingham takes you through Atlanta or Nashville and the gulf coast beaches are 3 hrs away.

Eh, it doesn't matter. Glad we're bowling. Hope this helps the recruiting.

Have actually attended the Sun Bowl event, and our host informed us of a fact that has stuck with me (and reinforces your comment that El Paso is desolate): El Paso is almost equidistant between Los Angeles and Houston. It is out there.

Parts of the city were a little bleak, I think the crime situation (in Juarez, at least, not sure how bad it is on our site of the river) has deteriorated since 2005, but it felt like a big-time event. There's a good basketball tournament held in conjunction with the bowl game on UTEP's campus. And both the Mexican food and the barbeque were excellent. It was very different than the big warm-weather bowl atmospheres, but not in a bad way. I'd go back.

If not the Belk really glad we are in NYC great for fans and recruiting wish the kids would have got their wish but this should be fantastic for the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom