Pitino’s Back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitino’s Back

Iona is pretty close to New Rochelle's quarantined area. What a perfect negative recruiting tool. What parent is going to let a kid go there this year.

BTW, I know the Iona campus pretty well. I got my last three college credits there (because I left Syracuse three credit short because of some incompletes that were not made up).

Pitino’s back

1584226918726.jpeg

JB will schedule Iona.
Pitino showed JB loyalty and JB returned the favor.

Iona is selling their souls though.
Pitino could get a show cause as the Louisville case is still pending.
Iona goes from great coach with good morals to great coach with no morals. Very surprised a catholic school is the one to pull the trigger on slick Rick.

Pitino's not subject to a show cause order? How is that possible?

Iona is pretty close to New Rochelle's quarantined area. What a perfect negative recruiting tool. What parent is going to let a kid go there this year.

BTW, I know the Iona campus pretty well. I got my last three college credits there (because I left Syracuse three credit short because of some incompletes that were not made up).
Yup, the campus is on the southern edge of the one mile quarantined perimeter. But Slick Rick will find a way to get the kids there.

If this week wasn't as crazy as it was, I would say no way this would ever happen. Catholic school. Mid major conference. However one of Iona's biggest booster (the student center is named after him) is pretty close to Pirino through horse racing. So they feel they can look past some of his indiscretions.

I've followed the MAAC conference for more than 30 years. I remember when Jim Valvano coached at Iona. I remember when Rik Smits played at Marist. The Gaels have a great history in the league. Tim Cluess was a great coach. Pitino has some work to do. They basically play in a glorified high school gym but they have a lot of tradition and have had a lot of great mid major players over the years (Ruland, Burtt Sr and Jr, Springer Sr and Jr, Machado)

As an interesting note, one of the kids on the Iona roster played for little Ricky at Minnesota. When this was announced, he tweeted No, please no. However he did end up deleting it.

SU has had it's fair share of unsavory players. I fondly remember seeing one of the guards toss a woman out of a car on Euclid and getting into a fight by Haven.

Great hire for Iona.

Curious as to who this player was. Send a PM.

I grew up in New Rochelle, hung out on North Ave all the time in HS. Pitino is a very good coach and Iona will win with him there, probably in a couple of years or so. He's got NE recruiting ties still, and despite the sleazy personal record, his coaching ability has never been in question. Good hire for them.

It was all kind of interesting that Pitino was coaching Panathinaikos with Jimmer Fredette, Wesley Johnson and Andy Rautins on the team.

he will be looking at our transfers immediately
Close to Carey's house but do these guy end up at a mid major or transfer to a P5 school. Also look for Pitino to fill some of his staff with some of Willard's connections from his days at Iona. One big family tree.

Its amazing how these slime balls keep getting jobs......however cant say any of us should be surprised, once the dust settles the rats reappear.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom