Pitino’s Back | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pitino’s Back

Can JB stop picking a fight with the NCAA.
We all know they are corrupt but these comments get filed away in the remember department.
There are certain judges I have to hold back stuff when I write or talk to do who are petty.

Same thing with NCAA administrators.
They suck, we know they suck but this stuff doesn’t help and the public hates Pitino it’s not like he is standing up for a good guy.

So after Pitino gets Iona to the Sweet 16 which SEC team hires him to a huge contract?
Bama after Oates leaves following a top 25 year.

Iona is pretty close to New Rochelle's quarantined area. What a perfect negative recruiting tool. What parent is going to let a kid go there this year.

BTW, I know the Iona campus pretty well. I got my last three college credits there (because I left Syracuse three credit short because of some incompletes that were not made up).

Unfortunately in a few weeks there will be other hot zones across the country. The hot zones that reacted quickly may be better off come to July... or not, I am not an expert.

And all of a sudden Iona will be pulling in top 30 recruits. Follow the money.

Can JB stop picking a fight with the NCAA.
We all know they are corrupt but these comments get filed away in the remember department.
There are certain judges I have to hold back stuff when I write or talk to do who are petty.

Same thing with NCAA administrators.
They suck, we know they suck but this stuff doesn’t help and the public hates Pitino it’s not like he is standing up for a good guy.
Its Jims best quality. As tough and stubborn as he can be. As thin skinned as he is his best quality is his loyalty to central NY, SU, and his friends and former players. He is a stand up guy when it comes to his " Family"

v1.jpg

Wonder what job he’s gonna take a year from now. They usually have more talent than other MAAC teams he’ll win there.

I hate him because he’s had our number over the years. I think the NCAA is losing cred so quickly that teams won’t really care.

BC is my guess.

I would of loved to have Pitino is wrong.

I would HAVE loved to have Pitino is correct.
Maybe, but the first part suggests past and the last part suggests present. Seems a bit strange, but you could be right.

"I would love to have Pitino" would be the cleanest. I realize the statement is about losing a chance, suggesting past. The ideas suggested in the original or subsequent, may not be my own.

Last edited:
Maybe, but the first part suggests past and the last part suggests present. Seems a bit strange, but you could be right.
Ah, I see what you are saying. I was focused on his use of "of" to replace "have" in the sentence.

I would love to have Pitino or I would have loved to have had Pitino.

I believe you are right about this.

I do not think you can combine the present tense, expressed through the infinitive, with the conditional perfect. I think you have to combine the conditional perfect with the past participle. But I am not 100% sure about this.

What is strange is that it does not sound awkward when spoken, at least not to me.

Ah, I see what you are saying. I was focused on his use of "of" to replace "have" in the sentence.

I would love to have Pitino or I would have loved to have had Pitino.

I believe you are right about this.

I do not think you can combine the present tense, expressed through the infinitive, with the conditional perfect. I think you have to combine the conditional perfect with the past participle. But I am not 100% sure about this.

What is strange is that it does not sound awkward when spoken, at least not to me.
It may not sound strange because we hear that kind of mistake over and over on this forum. :)

would have

Would have loved to have Pitino.
Better. Best would be: "Would love to have had [Petino as coach].

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom