Pitino as transitional hire to raise SU's profile | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Pitino as transitional hire to raise SU's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the thought of Ricky P coming to coach SU for 5 or so years replacing Boeheim is intriguing, we all know there isn’t a chance in hell the SU Board goes in that direction. Like zero chance.

Three year contract. That's all. We'll make a Sweet 16 and a Final Four or Elite 8. He will go out on high note. Our program's attendance will have spiked noticeably, and we will be a better destination for the next coach. We'll get somebody better than they we would coming off 9 straight seasons of 10 losses or more.

So I went and watched the replay of the first half of Iona's upset loss to Paulus and Niagara. Rick looked young and healthy, relaxed in his track suit.

His team pressured a bit full court, they played pretty good man, they rebounded. They had a PG who was fast and could go right by the defense and get to the rim. He had a couple good swingmen, a couple pretty good bigs. Played more of his bench than we do, but just an extra guy or two, not waves of players.

In less than 2 years, his record so far is 31-10. Over 75%.
There is no question that the guy can still coach.

I think it’s time to get serious……

Need experience….Lou Carneseca or Rollie Massimino or were selling the program short.

Hire Paulus immediately!!! Fire JB and RP! Isn't that how this message board works???
Animated GIF

Iona t-shirt delivered this morning, tickets behind Iona’s bench for their game at Siena tomorrow purchased, and UMass hat (Me and Slicky Ricky’s alma mater) ready to go.

I WILL FIND A WAY TO MEET PITINO TOMORROW NIGHT
I was going to at the Niagara game, but it was far too cold lol.

Iona t-shirt delivered this morning, tickets behind Iona’s bench for their game at Siena tomorrow purchased, and UMass hat (Me and Slicky Ricky’s alma mater) ready to go.

I WILL FIND A WAY TO MEET PITINO TOMORROW NIGHT
I met him at Siros in Saratoga, he was there with Ralph Willard. No one except myself knew who Ralph was. Rick was friendly, a very confident guy if you know what I mean.

Let's see how fast slick Rick ditches Iona for Maryland job. Right after Iona loses in NCAAT.

This is a program that wants to win, making a choice to try to get the best coach they can. Meanwhile, we have posters in another thread saying one of our assistants would be fine. We need a big name coach.

This is a program that wants to win, making a choice to try to get the best coach they can. Meanwhile, we have posters in another thread saying one of our assistants would be fine. We need a big name coach.

It's also a program that's way behind in basketball investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom