Pitino does not want to play UConn at MSG | Syracusefan.com

Pitino does not want to play UConn at MSG

His job is to win. Playing UCONN at the garden was like playing SU, trading a home game for "away Game" atmosphere. Huskies have taken over as the pre-eminent college team playing at MSG these days.

Amazing admission by Pitino. He's afraid of their fanbase.
The best thing about that article is the link about Conn's bottle redemption up to ten cents. That changes the entire dynamics about the Seinfeld episode.

The worst thing about that article is claiming that Yukon is one of the top 3 schools in thec country at having their fanbase travel. That is such a farce.

The worst thing about that article is claiming that Yukon is one of the top 3 schools in thec country at having their fanbase travel. That is such a farce.
No way UConn would have over a thousand fans at a neutral site, non-tournament game in South Dakota in late December.

Our 2012 game vs. SJU MSG is one of my favorite live events ever. We had over 75% of the sold out crowd.

The difference between our fans and UConn is that when we sell out MSG our fans are primarily coming from the City. They're taking the subway or walking. UConn fans take Metro North.

Our 2012 game vs. SJU MSG is one of my favorite live events ever. We had over 75% of the sold out crowd.

The difference between our fans and UConn is that when we sell out MSG our fans are primarily coming from the City. They're taking the subway or walking. UConn fans take Metro North.
I was there, too. Saturday noon game. Breakout game for freshman MCW. That game?

I was there also. 75% may actually be a light estimate. MCW's breakaway posterizing dunk brought the house down. I feel like that's the most SU fans that have ever been in the Garden at one time.

I’m not sure we have one player who’d get minutes on that team.
MCW averaged 10 minutes on that team, and I would venture to guess that he was way under that average by the BE schedule. Freshman MCW would be by far the best player on this team.

MCW averaged 10 minutes on that team, and I would venture to guess that he was way under that average by the BE schedule. Freshman MCW would be by far the best player on this team.
Yup, too lazy to look it up but I think he only played 20 games, maybe a tad more.

I was there also. 75% may actually be a light estimate. MCW's breakaway posterizing dunk brought the house down. I feel like that's the most SU fans that have ever been in the Garden at one time.

Such a great memory - I was at the game and also the year before at UCONN (never seen saltier fans, and a satisfying drive home in the snow)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom