Pitino on Syracuse fans | Syracusefan.com

Pitino on Syracuse fans

PhatOrange

Living Legend
My apologies if this was discussed before - it's from zags and posted on Aug4. I just read and chuckled a bit. What do you guys think, will Syracuse represent at the ACC tourney in Greensboro?

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/08/04/...ns-up-tickets-for-louisville-fans/#more-77571

"“The interesting thing is how many people they’ll bring to Tobacco Road,” Pitino said of Syracuse at the Big East Tournament in March. “That will be interesting. There’s not many Syracuse alums on Tobacco Road.”

I take it he didn't watch the NC State game.

I like how he says “It doesn’t make any sense to me..."

Yeah, ok...thanks for your opinion "Basketball Coach".

They will. The Charlotte and Raleigh clubs are going to be getting more attention (resources) from the school to reach out and get more people in the fold.

Besides that, the NC State game was a good test run.

I seriously doubt the ACC will abandon Greensboro/Charlotte/Atlanta on a permanent basis.

I like how he says “It doesn’t make any sense to me..."

Yeah, ok...thanks for your opinion "Basketball Coach".

He is not wrong. The problem is the BE doesn't make any sense for SU any longer either. So we are left to make the best we can out of a bad deal and the quality of the schools in the ACC is head and shoulders above the NBE.

Big East is close to an extension with MSG for 10 more years..
But will the Big East be worth watching with what will inevitably be just the Parochials minus Notre Dame ?

But will the Big East be worth watching with what will inevitably be just the Parochials minus Notre Dame ?
MSG will certainly insist on an out clause to protect them against the seemingly inevitable conference implosion

Boy is he getting a big mouth. Hes been doing that to us alot lately. Especially for someone that learned his system from JB.

Little Ricky will be gone from the BE as quickly as Louisville can find an alternative. Right now, he's ticked because he's lost a lot of RPI with the games he'll have to play in the "New" (but not improved) BE.

Little Ricky will be gone from the BE as quickly as Louisville can find an alternative. Right now, he's ticked because he's lost a lot of RPI with the games he'll have to play in the "New" (but not improved) BE.
I think either Louisville leaves the BE or Ricky leaves Louisville....4 years max!

What doesnt make sense is banging a skank on a restaurant table to basically ruin your marriage.
You know what? You are right. Richard has lost his marbles.

If the BE locks up MSG, the ACC will add DC, Barclays Center to its rotation along with Greensboro, Charlotte, and Atlanta. DC and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be easy spots for our alums. Plus, NC has a lot of SU alums down there we will send among the top 4 fanbases at the ACC tournament as long as we are decent.

Moving to Greensboro next month so let me put in a vote for keeping the ACC tourny there ;)

Moving to Greensboro next month so let me put in a vote for keeping the ACC tourny there ;)

I would vote for Charlotte as it is a much nicer city with a major airport. I am not a fan of Greensboro at all.

If the BE locks up MSG, the ACC will add DC, Barclays Center to its rotation along with Greensboro, Charlotte, and Atlanta. DC and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn will be easy spots for our alums. Plus, NC has a lot of SU alums down there we will send among the top 4 fanbases at the ACC tournament as long as we are decent.

The A-10 locked up the Barclays Center for the next 5 years.

Boy is he getting a big mouth. Hes been doing that to us alot lately. Especially for someone that learned his system from JB.

Lets not go crazy...Pitino's best teams have relied on pressure defense. Probably not something he learned on the hill...

The A-10 locked up the Barclays Center for the next 5 years.
Right and I bet the next 5 ACC tournaments have been decided as well, but in 6-10 years I am sure the Barclays Center will bid for an ACC tournament along with Washington D.C. and the current Greensboro, Atlanta rotation.

I was going to ask - who pissed in his Cheerios? then I remebered, the little twerp is probably honked off that we finally got his number last year!

Right and I bet the next 5 ACC tournaments have been decided as well, but in 6-10 years I am sure the Barclays Center will bid for an ACC tournament along with Washington D.C. and the current Greensboro, Atlanta rotation.

As long as it's not in Newark. The Prudential Center is a nice arena but the surrounding area leaves a lot to be desired. Brooklyn and D.C. would be perfect and makes a lot of sense.

Big East is close to an extension with MSG for 10 more years..

MSG is stupid if they sign a decade long agreement with a conference that could be gone in three years. People think that having Memphis and Temple in there will offset the loss of Pitt and Syracuse (and W Va)? No friggin way. The BE Tourney will not draw like it used to, especially if UConn loses early. GTown doesn't travel well to NYC anymore, and Louisville will not fill the hotels. Marquette? HAH! They didn't travel well this year. Say what you want about WVa, but they traveled respectably for the BE Tourney. I can't wait for a semi final round of Houston, Memphis, Temple and Cinci. Think about that for a moment. All four of those schools competing for the Big EAST Championship...in NYC. You think MSG would rather have Duke, UNC, SU and Pitt? You bet your ass.

Part of me wants the ACC to pull the trigger on UConn and end the hopes of the BE once and for all. If either UConn or Louisville leaves in the next two years, the conference is toast. If the ACC happens to work a deal with ND for all non-football sports and brings in UConn, that will essentially kill the NNBE too. Louisville will be begging to leave at that point.

Lets not go crazy...Pitino's best teams have relied on pressure defense. Probably not something he learned on the hill...
OK- I have to ask this.
Either you're one of the most negative posters this board has seen, since almost every response to any issue is some sorta dig at the players, program, or fellow board members.
Or, you're just a FUGAZY...a false-flagger...who's not really an SU fan but comes around to spread toxicity from time to time.
Seriously...which is it?

Based on that quote, Pitino doesn't seem to realize that a large portion of SU fans aren't alums,that SU is basically Central NY's pro team in terms of fanbase, and that an awful lot of Central New Yorkers/SU fans have moved to North Carolina over the last 20+ years.

Duke will be a tough ticket because their little gym doesn't hold enough people for visiting fans to have a presence, and UNC will be a tough ticket because they, like SU in Upstate NY, have a huge fanbase across the state. But I don't think there's any doubt that there will be a lot of Cuse fans at NC State(already showed that last year), Wake Forest, and ACC tournament games. Many of them will not be alums, but transplanted Central New Yorkers.