Pitt biggest game of the year? (So far) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt biggest game of the year? (So far)

Dino has never had a problem with let downs and getting this team ready to play the next week coming off a close loss. see last year pre-wake. LSU, NC State, Clemson, Miami, FSU. In every game only winning one - the big one.

They’ll be ready to go and we’re gonna crush Pitt.

If Pitt could do what Clemson does, they wouldn't suck so bad.

112 in Total Offense, 102nd Total Defense. They are a three win team right now.

52-13

I don't think it will be that bad, even though it looks that way on paper.

Something more like 37-20.

Pitt is not as sucky as people think.. they can move the ball running and they have, just make tons of mistakes and give up pts.

there will be no crowd which is good. many are giving up on them this is their season next week if they want 6 wins

Pitt is not as sucky as people think.. they can move the ball running and they have, just make tons of mistakes and give up pts.

there will be no crowd which is good. many are giving up on them this is their season next week if they want 6 wins

Their D is atrocious.

No, those numbers say they suck. Those are Grobian/Shafer numbers. When you are sub 100 in offense and defense you officially suck. You are one of the suckiest of the sucky.

If Pitt could do what Clemson does, they wouldn't suck so bad.

112 in Total Offense, 102nd Total Defense. They are a three win team right now.

52-13

Very true and narduzzi might be on the hotseat. Their talent level was supposed tp be on the up and up. It still might but they just cant put it together and are still reeling from that PSU whooping in Heinz.

This game is gigantic. Win and we’re top 25, heading into a bye week and then a rocking Dome against UNC.

Lose, and I don’t want to hear a peep from those that are worried about Dino’s wandering eyes coming out of the tunnel and looking into the stands.

Winning will bring national recognition and the casual fans. It will also signify that this isn’t the same old Syracuse of the past friggin decade.
What a strange comment.
I certainly hope SU wins. I also hope people - even some people right here - can see that SU is trending upward, fun to watch, and better than they have been in 15 years or more. I hope win or lose against Pitt, that people will show up at the Dome to cheer SU on.

when they gain 250 a game rushing and we lost the last game with our rushing D thats a recipe for issues on the road.. we have injury issues building on top of that.

yeah we can out score them, doesnt mean we will.

What a strange comment.
I certainly hope SU wins. I also hope people - even some people right here - can see that SU is trending upward, fun to watch, and better than they have been in 15 years or more. I hope win or lose against Pitt, that people will show up at the Dome to cheer SU on.

I hope they will too but we all know how fickle our fanbase can be as the excuse will be 2 straight loses and a weak UNC team in the dome. Hope i am wrong and we get a solid 40k+.

What a strange comment.
Why is it a strange comment?

Sure, I’d love for you to be correct. History says you aren’t.

I’m not sure what leads you to believe an SU team that loses to Pitt and has a week off is bringing in a big crowd against UNC.

Unless Pitt brings in multiple Aaron Donald’s like Clemson had our offense will be a lot better.
Clemson had NFL talent on D. Pitt won’t have as much.
Just spend the week preaching ball security as if we don’t turn the ball over we will win this game.

The atmosphere should be different for this one. Going from playing in a packed Death Valley to Pitts hollow NFL arena.

The atmosphere should be different for this one. Going from playing in a packed Death Valley to Pitts hollow NFL arena.

Yup, thats a let down all by itself. 25k spread out on an NFL stadium for a nooner.

Ollison worries me. He is a big time power back and after watching us tackles on Etienne and Choice this past weekend, makes me nervous. Hopefully the DL can key in on the run as much as the pass. Bear has been somewhat quiet inside next to Slayton, I'd like to see him make some TFL's and big plays.

when they gain 250 a game rushing and we lost the last game with our rushing D thats a recipe for issues on the road.. we have injury issues building on top of that.

They have no offensive balance and they don’t have Clemson’s talent to run us over.

We have as much a chance losing this game as we did against U Conn. This game is big only if we lose, which we won't. Cuse wins by 20+, or less if we have a bad game. Losing is not an option.

250 a game rushing? No they don't.

Whether Pitt is good or bad, we always seem to have a tough time with them. I don’t think that changes this week. We will win but it wont be sexy. Something like 24-13.

240 vs albany
245 vs PSU
230 vs GT

close enough

GT they didnt but they did rush 30 times for over 4 yds a carry
last week they got shut down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics