Pitt biggest game of the year? (So far) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt biggest game of the year? (So far)

Big key for me is the line play. We held our own and then some against Clemson. We should do the same plus more against Pitt. No injuries on those two fronts, at least to my knowledge.

Cordy & Foster being banged up hurts but I think we will be OK for this one. Our young guys have stepped up in a big way in the secondary. Just hope the weather is scheduled to be good. That field/city can create a slow game if conditions aren’t right.

Everyone has a book on everyone. It doesn't matter, you are either coached and play better or you lose. Clemson had a book on us too and almost lost... again.

Yes they do and what I say to that is...book em Dino.

250 a game rushing? No they don't.

You are correct they are at 196 per game, 43rd in the country. We are at 234 per game good for 14th. People keep talking about this book on Syracuse, the book on Pitt is they have a solid running game, no passing game and no defense. Not saying we win easy but we damn sure are the better team and we should win

Big key for me is the line play. We held our own and then some against Clemson. We should do the same plus more against Pitt. No injuries on those two fronts, at least to my knowledge.

Cordy & Foster being banged up hurts but I think we will be OK for this one. Our young guys have stepped up in a big way in the secondary. Just hope the weather is scheduled to be good. That field/city can create a slow game if conditions aren’t right.

Supposed to be clear and 80 on Saturday but rain in the forecast for most of this week beforehand

It is time to start one of those weird winning streaks these teams had had going on for the past X amount of years. It's now SU's turn to win 5+ games in a row.

Their D is atrocious.

Yes it is. But they are not as atrocious as UCONN. They also have a ground game that is marginally better than UCONN. That said: Orange 38, Pittsburgh 21.

You know how Clemson was the superior team, and against us over 60 minutes the chances of that coming out on top were pretty likely?

This Pitt game is going to be kinda like that.

Yes it is. But they are not as atrocious as UCONN. They also have a ground game that is marginally better than UCONN. That said: Orange 38, Pittsburgh 21.

Uconn has a better offense

Show the Cuse kids that they are not ranked and not good enough to be in the Top 25 after 5 good games and play peeved off vs Pitt. Take this out on Pitt.

All I know is this is the type of game we have to win and last year we didn't. I'll be happy after we win saturday. I don't know how it turns out and even if it's just an okay performance but we win, I'll be happy with that. We're in the part of the season where the win is more important than the "how good we look" winning. These are the games we had issues with in the past. On paper it looks like we should win but then somehow lose and we're scratching our heads talking about how the "turn the corner" talk from the previous week was a bit too soon.

I personally think we are past that but I need a game or two to be sure.

Pitt is going to be a difficult game. Opponents now have a book on us. Keep Eric in the pocket take away the outside throws and make us throw over the middle. On O pound the rock.

Pitt (nor anybody else on our schedule except ND) has the talent to use Clemson's plan against us. Really takes great secondary and solid Dline. Pitt can't play cover zero and their run D is horrible.

They only score 22 ppg.

We can only beat ourselves and I don't think we will.

Pitt is going to come out with a lot of intensity in this game and SU is going to have to match it. Their back is against the wall and do not want to fall to 2-4. SU has to jump on them and keep their confidence down and if they don't it is going to be a battle and turnover(s) or the like (funky ref call for example) will decide this game. Can not let Pitt march down the field taking tons of time off the clock by getting 4,5,6 yard runs and 6 to 8 yard passes all the way down the field and then SU can't get into any offensive rythym.

Every game this year is the biggest game of the year. That's what happens when you are pushing for national relevance and a major bowl invite.

Syracuse has the #1 ranked special teams in the country according to S&P+

Pitt has the #127 ranked special teams in the country according to S&P+

If we take care of the football we win going away.

Tale of the tape National and Conference Ranking Comparision. SU is significantly better in all three phases five games into the season. SU moves the ball, plays great situational defense, dominates the field position game, protects the ball and generates turnovers. It's winning complimentary football for a team that can't out talent everyone.

And it still hasn't played 60 minutes of its A game yet.

1538502536870.png

Syracuse has the #1 ranked special teams in the country according to S&P+

Pitt has the #127 ranked special teams in the country according to S&P+

If we take care of the football we win going away.

We average 44 a game, and only give up 21.
Pitt averages 23, and gives up 32.
Their QB has 5 TD's and 4 INTS.

Pitt also about the worst in the country at penalties against.

If both teams just do what they do, we win it easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom