Pitt Board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Board

Yah if this same exact game happened in reverse, I'm sure we'd have a few threads crying about the no-calls on Baye.
If we get the same shake @ their place as they got today though I'll be fine with it.
+1

Ennis really only started driving towards the hoop in the last few minutes of this game and they showed no real ability to stop him. If we do that for a full game at Pitt, I don't see the outcome being any different than today's game, except maybe more lopsided in our favor.

Ennis really only started driving towards the hoop in the last few minutes of this game and they showed no real ability to stop him. If we do that for a full game at Pitt, I don't see the outcome being any different than today's game, except maybe more lopsided in our favor.

The seemed hesitant to foul him which left him huge lanes. He also drew a couple foul very early in the 2nd half starting drives.

The seemed hesitant to foul him which left him huge lanes. He also drew a couple foul very early in the 2nd half starting drives.
Robinson got called on a couple ticky-tac bumps and I think that in itself created more seperation. Robinson had to come out after 3 fouls, we went up 10, and he had to back in. Immediately after he did Patterson his those 3 Threes. That accentuated the fact that Robinson had to stay on the court and had to lay off Ennis much more. Plus they kind of threw us for a loop going zone.

Plus, like any forum right after a tough loss, most of the posters are a little bitter. Folks are folks.
How true and I've been known to avoid this forum after a loss for just that reason.

Refs were very friendly to Pitt in the second half.

I can't read their board because of that poster who came on here and just acts as if beating Syracuse 1o of 14 times means they are elite. Congrats to Pitt they have a decent team, but like Clockwork in the NCAA tournament they will lose in the 2nd round or Sweet 16.

Also, if they even bring up the zebras and claim the refs had a pro-SU bias then they are crazy. The refs let this game turn into a Big East game with all that contact down low. They shot more FTs than we did, and got a lot of crazy breaks on out-of bounds calls. Pitt is likely to beat us at their place, but we are a NC contender they would give their left nut to be an Elite 8 team.

It's funny how they too seem to think they got screwed by the refs. I thought the refs were equally bad both ways, but my god did it seem like every scrum ending with the ball going out of bounds went to Pitt.

It's funny how they too seem to think they got screwed by the refs. I thought the refs were equally bad both ways, but my god did it seem like every scrum ending with the ball going out of bounds went to Pitt.

They shot more free throws than us even even with the late game finishers. I didnt see a lot of them claiming that and thats smart as for home games go it was zero home cooking for us if not a little bit the other way.

They have a mix similar to us over there. Some comments saying with johnson they win easy and that they got hosed with the officiating. Neither are accurate and we could argue having dc2 to bang around would have negated the board difference especially on missed free throws even if he only gave us 15 mins. We also had 4-5 shots that were in and out so it evens out. Biggest takeaway is it was 37-27 and getting out of reach and then patterson hit 4 25 plus foot 3s to get them back in it. Then they scrummed for the rest of the game to win it ugly in a shoving match downlow.

Basically looks like our board after a close L.

Already looking forward to this one. Expect to see a very physical reception for TE when he tries to take the ball into the lane next time. Pitt will look to make a statement early and "flagrantly." Going to need to drive and dish more to offset.

Already looking forward to this one. Expect to see a very physical reception for TE when he tries to take the ball into the lane next time. Pitt will look to make a statement early and "flagrantly." Going to need to drive and dish more to offset.

That worries me.. he is pretty lean and would hope injury would not be an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom