Pitt Game WHY? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game WHY?

IMG_8653.jpeg

I was promised 7 home games.

When I buy season tickets, I expect that all conference games will be AT HOME

When you move that conference game and it drops me to 6 home games and you raise the parking for one less game this year…I’m not going to be happy

Taking a conference game and moving it it NYC and doing nothing to very little for season ticket holders is a disgrace….and I’m not going to be very happy

When you move it to a venue where we have been many times recently, it’s not going to do it for me.

Unacceptable
Well said.

Question? Was the Pitt game this year supposed to be at the Dome and then changed to Yankee Stadium. If so why give up home game advantage/
Went to an event at the Schine center last Sunday where Costas interviewed Boeheim.

Wildhack got up and spoke after they were done.

Said Pitt game was moved for economic reasons and that he will do it again if the economics are beneficial.

Went to an event at the Schine center last Sunday where Costas interviewed Boeheim.

Said Pitt game was moved for economic reasons and that he will do it again if the economics are beneficial.
Wish he had just said that from the beginning instead of leaning on the cool, historical angle. We may have taken a bigger financial hit than almost any other D1 school during 2020 and 21 with the lost revenue and state restrictions and regulations around testing protocols and health requirements. Rather than going on austerity like most programs we did not cut staffing or even sports but doubled down upgrading football assistant coaches, support staff and facilities.
Tell me you understand the sacrifice but it is a unique opportunity to recoup some of those losses and keep the lights on. I wouldn’t like it, but would be much more understanding

Has any other P5 school voluntarily given up a home conference game before? I know some have a neutral field rivalry game but I'm talking about a single game.

Why do you think we did it?

Did GT do it recently against Clemson?

If it gives us NIL money to bring in a big time QB for next year, it’ll be worth it.

I know there's a lot of hate going around this game being flexed. But let's look at this.

1. CFB History and Tradition - With the direction this sport is headed, H&T are about as far out of the window as you can get. This game represents Yankee Stadium - one of the most iconic sports venues in the world - celebrating a centennial event that this program was apart of. And against a rival. You don't pass this up.

2. Syracuse History. This is their what, 10th or 11th neutral site game game since 1991? That's kind of a lot for a program like Syracuse. But that's what the CFB, TV people want. And for some extra $$. Take it Yeah the W-L record sucks because of the PSU, USC, ND games. But even before that, there's just something about always seeing Cuse at Meadowlands, and even a game in freaking Tokyo! And we have Atlanta coming up in 2 years!

3. BRAND!!! #DarrylGross. We are NY's College's Team, right? Own the f-in City. Screw Buttgers, Uconn, or any other program trying to claim the City as anything else.

4. I had the pleasure of speaking with the now former Camping World Bowl people when they visited Cuse against Clemson in 2021. Bowl committees LOVE Syracuse and specifically, Syracuse fans. Our traveling history (relative to the size of the school and alumni base) is very positive. And was also told that we are great guests who spend money. I bet ADJW gets the call a lot.

I honestly think people (especially locally) underestimate the brand and notoriety of Syracuse University. I've been to some pretty remote areas in the Southeast and met people from all over the world. Everyone knows your city (whether they think it's only an hour from NYC or not doesn't matter..I bet people can't accurately point out where Champaign, IL or Tuscaloosa, AL is either).

I say embrace it. Make a weekend out of it. Take the wifey to a broadway play, grab a slice at the world famous Sbarro, and visit the 9/11 memorial.

I made the trip up during 2018-2019 from Central Jersey for every home game I could make. It aint that bad.
Lol zero chance the bowl committee was just blowing smoke. It’s not like they would come here and tell a fan how much we suck

At this rate, we would have about 18K people in the dome v Pitt. Great decision by JW to move it to Yankee Stadium. At least we get paid.

At this rate, we would have about 18K people in the dome v Pitt. Great decision by JW to move it to Yankee Stadium. At least we get paid.
A lot of $$$

Question: Where can I find my tickets? I purchased through SU but they aren't in My Cuse Account. Will they appear at a later date?

Thanks in advance if you know.
A couple weeks before the game we’ll get an email is what I was told recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom