Pitt Game... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always believed you are supposed to replace the blitzing defender with a receiver. Guess not.

difficult for a WR to shine in this offense
You kinda have to throw them the ball for them to shine. No one watches the WR and is like "that was a solid route right there, dude really created separation!"

Bring in Sean Lewis. The offensive was at Least creative with him calling the plays.

Some of the play calling has been suspect but I’m tired of hearing about the ol. TD holds the ball which results in the sacks. He holds the ball until receivers are out of the breaks. We he scrambles he buys his head down.

I wish we had a Qb that could beat the rush and throw a laser downfield...sigh

Hard to beat the rush when you're eating turf as you get the snap. The line is going to be Babers' undoing at Syracuse.

Tommy honestly looks like he has regressed. Either that or Gilbert is a worse play callers than Lynch.

WR blanketed and OL gives him no time.

But pulling the jet sweep handoff was a mistake. Although I don't trust that Jackson makes a guy miss.

Defense already deflated.

At some point its worth mentioning that Dino has never won with “his” recruits...

Won at bowling green with Clawson’s kids
Won at Cuse with Shafer’s kids

Our talent level is awful. We have no team speed. We are undersized everywhere. We can’t recruit.

Our secondary isn’t developing?
Our defense isn’t developing?

Our offense has sucked because Dino went all-in with DeVito.
That is on the coaching staff.

Dino has a good OL recruiting class coming in next year.

We’ll be good again in 2024 or so. That’s about where we’re at.

2001. 2012. 2018. 2024ish.

Nothing in between 2001 and 2012 because of the GRob sinkhole.

We either need a veteran OL that pans out, or a duel threat superstar QB who can put the whole offense on his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom