Pitt opens -3.5 over Cuse…. | Syracusefan.com

Pitt opens -3.5 over Cuse….

Surprised

Vegas must know the guys on defense will be back.
Not sure that’s how it works. The line movement during the week usually tells the story.

It’s been over 24 hours since DK opened up our game at -3.5 and not a single other book has opened it. I’ll be curious what the line is when other books finally introduce it. A lot of us feel the line seems a tad light.

Sagarin has Pitt -3 on a neutral field.

Reactions: 007
It’s been over 24 hours since DK opened up our game at -3.5 and not a single other book has opened it. I’ll be curious what the line is when other books finally introduce it. A lot of us feel the line seems a tad light.

Sagarin has Pitt -3 on a neutral field.
Yeah I thought it would be around Pitt -6.

If the weather holds i think that we win this game If we get Barnes Bux and Wax back .
I am not sure what to think of Pitt, They are 6-0 and seem to have a solid offense. They did struggle last week on offense but Cal seems to play many teams tough, they completely melted down vs Miami but were up 25 in the 3rd quarter. That said, Syracuse has always seemed to struggle vs Pitt but it's obvioulsy a new regime. Really comes down to getting a few stops on D, offense continues to score points and just have to be at least competent on specials.

I expect a high scoring close game but Pitt is the best team we have played this year and I don't think there is much debate there

I am not sure what to think of Pitt, They are 6-0 and seem to have a solid offense. They did struggle last week on offense but Cal seems to play many teams tough, they completely melted down vs Miami but were up 25 in the 3rd quarter. That said, Syracuse has always seemed to struggle vs Pitt but it's obvioulsy a new regime. Really comes down to getting a few stops on D, offense continues to score points and just have to be at least competent on specials.

I expect a high scoring close game but Pitt is the best team we have played this year and I don't think there is much debate there

Hard to gauge Pitt. They were down 27-6 late 3rd Q to Cincy on the road and came back and won. They were down 34-24 late 4th Q and won at home vs rival WV. They were tied at 24 vs UNC on the road going to the 4th Q and won by 10. Cal missed a go ahead FG with under 2 mins left. They are 4-0 vs the P4 but they could easily have been 0-4.

Before last game their O has looked good especially late in games, while their D has struggled. But the Cal game was the opposite.

I think they are a bad matchup for us on both sides of the ball. There is a chance this could be a typical SU Thursday night game.

Not sure that’s how it works. The line movement during the week usually tells the story.
I don’t know if the line being low to open has anything to do with Marlowe being back over the fact that Pitt has no business being undefeated.

Hard to gauge Pitt. They were down 27-6 late 3rd Q to Cincy on the road and came back and won. They were down 34-24 late 4th Q and won at home vs rival WV. They were tied at 24 vs UNC on the road going to the 4th Q and won by 10. Cal missed a go ahead FG with under 2 mins left. They are 4-0 vs the P4 but they could easily have been 0-4.

Before last game their O has looked good especially late in games, while their D has struggled. But the Cal game was the opposite.

I think they are a bad matchup for us on both sides of the ball. There is a chance this could be a typical SU Thursday night game.
Yeah I could certainly see it getting ugly as well. It kind of depends if the offense can score early and keep the game close for 3 quarters. If the offense struggles at all it could be a blow out for sure. The defense won't be great nor will the special teams. Defense needs a couple turnovers or a few timely stops and the specials need to just be a notch above a trainwreck. I do think McCord makes a difference and won't get rattled early, it's not like Pitt on the road is a big environment or something

Pitt has an NFL kicker as well and we have a d3 kicking game

ESPN FPI has Pitt as the better team but playing an easier schedule so far.

Going to be a tough game, think as a usual Pitt game it will come down to SU stopping Pitt's running game. Would be great to have Wax back

Would really love this win to shake off some old demons (primetime SU spot, Pitt letdown, etc.) but don't want to lose sight of the forest through the trees either.

Game control metrics would say we should be 5-1 and Pitt should be 3-3

Would we still be 4 pt dogs if that were true?

the good thing is we have pretty much Min our stats to pts where Pitt has Maxed out theirs.

Maybe that script flips going forward.

One thing that is clea,r our lack of big plays hinders our scoring and Pitt creates their share of those.

Don't get sucked into thinking the line movement during the week tells any story whatsoever. Bettors HAMMERED the NC State line late last week from -5.5 down to -1.5 Everyone thought it was telling a certain story. They were dead wrong. No one knows anything. Its all just fun to discuss. But lines, movement etc. Its all BS. (Read:NC state last week)

One thing in our favor.

Pitt has allowed Cinci/Cal/UNC to basically throw for 300 and WV didnt because they ran for 200/200

we can move the ball, we need to get pts from it.
I don't want to overhype the poor field conditions at that dreadful stadium, but that remains my biggest concern. Even on a nice day, that track runs SLOW.

Don't get sucked into thinking the line movement during the week tells any story whatsoever. Bettors HAMMERED the NC State line late last week from -5.5 down to -1.5 Everyone thought it was telling a certain story. They were dead wrong. No one knows anything. Its all just fun to discuss. But lines, movement etc. Its all BS. (Read:NC state last week)
agreed yeah follow the $ and let me know how that works for you.

Don't get sucked into thinking the line movement during the week tells any story whatsoever. Bettors HAMMERED the NC State line late last week from -5.5 down to -1.5 Everyone thought it was telling a certain story. They were dead wrong. No one knows anything. Its all just fun to discuss. But lines, movement etc. Its all BS. (Read: NC state last week)
I don't necessarily disagree but you do realize that it would have been a different game without those 3 turnovers. The betting line said this should be an even game and it basically was. But the 3 turnovers put us over the top.

Pitt pass defense isn’t that great. I could see this game being a shootout. Redzone efficiency will be important and we’ll need to be mistake free on specials.

If Pitt gets some stops it’s easy to see this game get away from us but then again, the only two teams Pitt had their way with were Kent State and Youngstown State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom