Pitt Post Mortem Discussion Here | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Post Mortem Discussion Here

Havent visited the CDRW thread but that’s probably sizzling.

Poor effort by the offense beginning with the line. A bunch of 300# weenies.

Looked like the O conceded before the 4th quarter. Wilson was slow with decisions and seemed to just heave the ball down field later in the game.

Pitt seemed to know every play that was coming. Rookie QB telegraphing plays?

Did SU run a single play action pass?

Poor effort by the offense beginning with the line. A bunch of 300# weenies.

Looked like the O conceded before the 4th quarter. Wilson was slow with decisions and seemed to just heave the ball down field later in the game.

Pitt seemed to know every play that was coming. Rookie QB telegraphing plays?

Did SU run a single play action pass?

Not a lot of screens either

We actually match up much better vs FSU. Their line is no where near as good, and they aren't lineman trained to run block all game.

Pretty sure that’s what I heard before the ND and Pitt game. I’m not even sure we match up with BC at this point.

Pretty sure that’s what I heard before the ND and Pitt game. I’m not even sure we match up with BC at this point.

I didn't hear anyone saying we matched up well with ND or Pitt. Not anybody that I trust their opinion anyway.

Seeing what ND is doing to Clemson after their bye week makes me feel a little better about that loss. Still can’t reconcile today’s performance.

Seeing what ND is doing to Clemson after their bye week makes me feel a little better about that loss. Still can’t reconcile today’s performance.
We didn't have a shot with Shrader. For the trashing our defense is getting they played more than well enough to win. CDRW just wasn't ready for the situation. Stared down receivers and missed them when they were open.

We didn't have a shot with Shrader. For the trashing our defense is getting they played more than well enough to win. CDRW just wasn't ready for the situation. Stared down receivers and missed them when they were open.
This is spot on. D was fine, QB not surprisingly struggled and got no help from the scheme. Would have been interesting if we score early from the one inch line. The pitch to the short side of the field from inside the one was one in a series of odd calls. Our O has no identity other than a big, tough QB make plays with his legs and occasionally has a solid throwing day. Our OL and TE room is putrid.

This feels exactly like when Dungey got hurt. I fear Babers can‘t win without a Dungey/Shrader clone. What happens when Shrader is gone? How many years will it take to find another one.

This feels exactly like when Dungey got hurt. I fear Babers can‘t win without a Dungey/Shrader clone. What happens when Shrader is gone? How many years will it take to find another one.

This is the first time in forever I’m not worried about the QB when “our guy” is gone, in this case when GS leaves. Lamson by all accounts from people I trust is very good and I actually like CDWR and didn’t think he was that bad given the circumstances. My only concern with CDWR is if he’s able to settle down, right now he’s playing like a guy that’s just been thrown in there, as he should. He has no touch at all, throws the same ball at the same velocity for every play. So if he can fine tune his game, I think he could be really good.

This is the first time in forever I’m not worried about the QB when “our guy” is gone, in this case when GS leaves. Lamson by all accounts from people I trust is very good and I actually like CDWR and didn’t think he was that bad given the circumstances. My only concern with CDWR is if he’s able to settle down, right now he’s playing like a guy that’s just been thrown in there, as he should. He has no touch at all, throws the same ball at the same velocity for every play. So if he can fine tune his game, I think he could be really good.
I agree with this. I think CDRW needs to season up but his tool box dwarfs ED and GS in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom