Pitt Postgame Thoughts | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Postgame Thoughts

Did anyone hear what the crowd was yesterday, it looked pretty full on tv. If this game was played at 7pm they might of hit 30k.

20k sold. Less in the seats obviously.

This team is unusual in that there's no single dominant rebounder. Everyone is below 6 rebounds per game. The only other time that's happened at season-end in the past 40 years is 2011-12, maybe our best team ever.
A lot of the players on the this team aren’t one dimensional players. Each game presents opportunity for any player to dominate in certain aspects on the stat sheet.

This team is unusual in that there's no single dominant rebounder. Everyone is below 6 rebounds per game. The only other time that's happened at season-end in the past 40 years is 2011-12, maybe our best team ever.

Q is second in the team (out of guys that play) in total rebounding percentage. You’re right that it’s spread out and peculiar but I’d love to see some analysis on how are multiple defense usage and our rotation numbers have impacted it.

Did anyone hear what the crowd was yesterday, it looked pretty full on tv. If this game was played at 7pm they might of hit 30k.
20, 642 announced. Not many no shows either. Lower bowl had very few empty seats and upper side court was at least 80% full, so unless someone bought single game tickets in upper end court or corners and didn't show, they were in the building. Don't know if we would have hit 30, but if school were in session we likely would have hit 25 - 26k.

Not going to lie, I would have stewed for days about the Refs if we didn't win that game.

I know Bell gets knocked because of his defense, but it looked like the refs called a couple of early fouls on him yesterday on two clean blocks. His effort on D has improved as has his overall game. He's made some progress.

He still has to be more consistent with his shooting game to game.

What's really interesting is that the Judah-JJ-QC-Benny-Maliq lineup that dominated the second half had barely played coming into Saturday. They played a few minutes against Oregon but IIRC it was pretty unremarkable. I don't think Red struck gold or anything, but do think it's another testament to Benny's maturation and him earning Red's trust.

I know lineups are often matchup-dependent but if that group can cobble together some three-point shooting they'll be extremely tough to beat with the switchability, rebounding and athleticism they bring to the table.

I just keep coming back to-
Our most relied-on scorer had a subpar game and we shot miserably as a team from 3... and still comfortably beat a good team, scoring 80+ in the process
If you were comfortable, you're cold blooded. :)

I had visions of Paul Harris under the basket every time we had the ball in the last minutes.

Have to agree with you. I've only been to the Dome one time since we moved away in 1987 so I had the same impression about it being quiet from watching on tv. But after being to a game live, and it wasn't even one of our most well-attended football games, it's much louder than I would've ever guessed.
Meh. Microphone placement and sound mixing both have an impact on crowd noise on TV, you cannot judge crowd noise unless you are there.

Only two plays upset me today - Q missing the layup after a steal (he could have slowed down or passed it), and Maliq missing a similar point blank shot (reverse layup?). First time I saw Maliq also miss an offensive rebound on a close miss, but Pitt is solid around the rim/glass.

Pretty sure Q took it personally, since he was back at the line a minute later, visibly and verbally talking to himself.
Q taking the 3 upset

Yeah, so I've been thinking about this a little and your comment crystalized something in my brain - unlike recent years, we can win in a few different ways this season.

We have had some wins where we've shot pretty well. We've had games where we defended well and won. We've had some games where we got to the line a bunch, or did a good job getting transition buckets on offense.

That's partly thanks to the depth. But we have a few different formulas for victory, which is nice.

The thing we have to watch for is that every game something or some things are working and we can compete against an opponent that takes something away.
And it's nice that we will use the different strengths. No more riding one style.

For all that is holy. Draymond is a 6’6” Draymond Green.

Y’all are absolutely nuts on this internet web site when it comes to the nba.

Also, go Knicks, baby!
You like the Knick trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom