Pitt Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Postgame Thoughts

Im getting worried about Bell and Taylor. Is it simply if they don’t make shots, they can’t play?
If we can’t bench Bell and JT when they aren’t making shots, that’s an indication this team won’t dance. Cope has been huge and we need Benny to build on this and be better than JT and Bell - then we’re getting somewhere

More credit needs to be given to Red here.

when Pitt went zone, the team was perfectly coached on how to beat it and got multiple layups out of it.

hope the folks that were loud to start the season about him are just as loud when credit is deserved
Entire staff really. Red is listening to them all during timeouts and on the bench. Gmac and Straughn are particularly in his ear constantly.

If we can’t bench Bell and JT when they aren’t making shots, that’s an indication this team won’t dance. Cope has been huge and we need Benny to build on this and be better than JT and Bell - then we’re getting somewhere
i feel like...the reasoning is:

play taylor and bell...see if they can get hot...if not can always play cope and benny heavy minutes anyway

keeps opponents guessing

but yeah

benny and cope are the best forwards on the team

I didn’t say we couldn’t bench them. But somewhere down the line we will need their shooting or at least the threat of shooting. The fact they appear to do nothing else well is concerning, Taylor at least rebounded early in the season. He’s in a bad funk right now

i feel like...the reasoning is:

play taylor and bell...see if they can get hot...if not can always play cope and benny heavy minutes anyway

keeps opponents guessing

but yeah

benny and cope are the best forwards on the team
100%. Given the roster and dynamic I have no problem starting those 2 and seeing if they want to have a game. If not, release the dogs.

I think their minutes need to be staggered.

Would love to find combos where one of Bell/Taylor is productive with one of Copeland/Benny.
I like the way Red doesn’t get too down on guys if they struggle and he sticks with them, but with different combinations. Or he’ll take them out for long stretches, but not completely give up on them. He can try different lineups without struggling players thinking they’ve lost their opportunity forever.

The coaching was phenomenal today. But Benny was even better. Couple dumb shots but he played hard the entire time he was in. There was a lot of slapping and chippy stuff going on and he never complained just played through it. This team is finding their way and you can see the adjustments in game. Amazing win.

22-9-4-3. Nice stat stuffer from Q. Not to mention 3-4 hustle plays.

defense was great in the 2nd half. I feel relevant again.
Hey you
1000000136.gif

I didn’t say we couldn’t bench them. But somewhere down the line we will need their shooting or at least the threat of shooting. The fact they appear to do nothing else well is concerning, Taylor at least rebounded early in the season. He’s in a bad funk right now
I know - I didn’t mean to indicate you said that. And I agree we need their shooting and to stretch the defense. Your concern is well founded, and it’s a major reason this team will be held back against good competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom