Pitt really played NOBODY in the non-conference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt really played NOBODY in the non-conference

Pitt is a good offensive team, esp Artis and Young. They are not, however, very good defensively. SU will probably have to score 75+ to win.

You are just trying to rationalize a reason SU should win.
Who's saying SU *should* win? Some of us are saying Pitt hasn't proven much yet, other than stomping a bunch of patsies and losing their only tough game.
Is it rationalizing to say that if SU plays well offensively they'll have a chance?

For what it's worth, Pitt's SOS so far this season is 37th and ours is 164th.

I think they gamed the RPI pretty good because of past issues they have had in the non-conference and getting into the tournament.

I think they gamed the RPI pretty good because of past issues they have had in the non-conference and getting into the tournament.

How do you "game" the RPI?

How do you "game" the RPI?

You schedule all low to mid majors expected to be in the top halves of their league.

It's exactly what Syracuse did until we missed the tournament going 10-6 in the Big East in 06-07.

We played good low to mid majors at home and we screwed ourselves because we lost to Wichita St. and Drexel at home in the Non-Conference.

Last edited:
They beat 4-8 Western Carolina by 6 at home this weekend.

We lost to St Johns, Pitt hasn't played anyone, and they probably aren't as good as their record. They are still Pitt, and they scare me, especially with our lack of rebounding and inside play.

We lost to St Johns, Pitt hasn't played anyone, and they probably aren't as good as their record. They are still Pitt, and they scare me, especially with our lack of rebounding and inside play.

I agree with most of your post, but people need to get over the St. Johns loss. That was two weeks ago.

Well, they beat all their nobodys. We lost to some of ours. They were beating Gonzaga when the game was called.
We are a gimmick team this year. No 3s, no wins.
You are just trying to rationalize a reason SU should win. The facts say SU should lose. Its okay to recognize the fact that our team is not very good.
Did you watch that game? You know why that game was called? I don't care what the score was at half time when they decided to call it(waaaaaaaaay to late). Those court conditions were atrocious and if they played again it would be completely different.

Cusefan0307 said:
They played Purdue and lost by 13. The game in Asia they had against Gonzaga was canceled. They are 10-0 against low to mid majors. We will be the 2nd best team they have played all year on Wednesday. Hopefully we will be better prepared because of our schedule relative to theirs.

Our nobodies were worse as evidenced by the SOS.

True, but we have wins over A&M and Uconn, where is Pitt's good win?

Just cause they don't have good wins doesn't mean they won't get any. And beating us would be a good win.

Just cause they don't have good wins doesn't mean they won't get any. And beating us would be a good win.

Sure, like I said before, Pitt still scares the heck out of me, but Pitt has played a pretty weak ooc schedule.

They'll street thug us ... play up on our shooters, mug the guys underneath, and their forwards will shoot over 50% (our of their a*ses). SOP for Pitt.

Last year, Roberson looked like he'd been in a UFC title match after the game .. which featured the most incompetent officiating I've seen in 30 years of watching SU ball.

Would beating us be a "good" win? I think that is left to be determined.

They'll street thug us ... play up on our shooters, mug the guys underneath, and their forwards will shoot over 50% (our of their a*ses). SOP for Pitt.

Last year, Roberson looked like he'd been in a UFC title match after the game .. which featured the most incompetent officiating I've seen in 30 years of watching SU ball.
Think about the offensive rebounding numbers. Oy vey...

How ironic would it be if our worst rebounding team in forever beat Pitt
We don't have to out rebound them, just need to keep it within 10 or so rebounds and hit our shots.

Tyler Ennis' 35 footer at the buzzer is one of my all time favorite moments as an SU fan. Pitt plays ugly, and has had our number. Love beating them; hate losing to them.

Somehow we got stuck playing Pitt twice every year. I would much have preferred Louisville.

Think about the offensive rebounding numbers. Oy vey...
Yah, probably not going to be pretty. I'll say a prayer that DC and Chino take no prisoners inside in that game. Those guys can definitely bang. Next year, we're going to make Pitt look like a mid major.

Our nobodies were worse as evidenced by the SOS.

Come on bees, you're smarter than that. Mike Waters agreed with me on Axes show today that Pitts schedule was artificially inflated based upon current RPI's

It's in the math, and it's why the RPI is unreliable this time of year.

Mid major state always have high rpi numbers this time of year because their rpi is based on their schedule. Every cupcake goes to power 5 university to get paid and therefore they have a hard schedule that inflate their rpi number win or lose because they don't play at home until January.

Pitts OOC Rpi will go down as the season goes on as their opponents play crappy opponents. Our OOC RPI will improve because teams like UCONN, A&M, Georgetown,Wisconsin, and yes even St. John's will play good competition.

They should just move away from RPI anyway because nobody understands it.

You schedule all low to mid majors expected to be in the top halves of their league.

It's exactly what Syracuse did until we missed the tournament going 10-6 in the Big East in 06-07.

We played good low to mid majors at home and we screwed ourselves because we lost to Wichita St. and Drexel at home in the Non-Conference.

That Nichols missed layup cost us a trip to the dance. Such an incredible comeback against Wichita because we were down 20 and the comeback started really late - I feel like we didn't make up any ground until there was like 5 minutes left. But they really cracked, and Nichols weird missed layup was a kick in the nuts.

Watched them play Purdue. Purdue was very physical against them, they out-physicaled them.

We beat them if we played them at the Carrier Dome. Ya'll know where I stand we shouldn't even have been playing them considering Atlantis gauntlet and the Big 10/ACC game, and the Georgetown game on the road.

So we should be ducking playing the #233 team in the country on the road?

That is what you want from a team you "expect" to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom