Pitt Week | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Week

AAM62

All Conference
Does anyone truly have a good feeling about this game? I feel like the team is starting to spiral and the only hope of winning is the seniors giving an emotional push to get a win vs. Pitt. You can tell by Mikel's appearance on the mob podcast that he wants this one.

I am rewatching the second half of Notre Dame right now. I think there are some real weapons on offense that are going to start getting chunk plays on a consistent basis. We have faced the best three defensive teams on our schedule the last three weeks. Pitt isn’t as good on D as usual. If CDRW can handle the Narduzzi blitz packages Cuse could hit some big plays on Saturday. Tucker is going to find more run lanes this weekend too.

Does anyone truly have a good feeling about this game? I feel like the team is starting to spiral and the only hope of winning is the seniors giving an emotional push to get a win vs. Pitt. You can tell by Mikel's appearance on the mob podcast that he wants this one.
Yeah, but I can’t tell if it’s a flashback from years and years of sucking in Nov or if it’s real

Yeah, but I can’t tell if it’s a flashback from years and years of sucking in Nov or if it’s real

The majority of those sucky Nov’s were due to QB1 being knocked out for the season, and QB2 being a walk-on.
Kinda cool we’ve got a 4* former SEC QB coming off the bench to back up our other 4* former SEC QB.

Also - this years team doesn’t have Rhino playing OL or DL.
Thank god.
Love the kid, but I’m really glad we have sufficient depth that (if he were healthy) he doesn’t have to be a bandaid fix on either line.

We don’t have 5’6” DB’s getting run over, around, and thru by ACC WR’s.

We don’t have overmatched coordinators constantly making WTAF?? decisions, while running completely ineffective schemes, that nobody - players included - has any clue as to why.

we are 6-2 when everyone was hoping 4-4 , that is not spiraling..

even the 2 losses one we had won and the other we had the ball in the 4th trying to tie..

how we get to 6-6 would be disappointing how we get to 8-4 will be the same when you start 6-0.

Still a good season.. It also shows the things we need to improve are still out there.

I’m scared GS comes out and we have 3-4 three and outs to start the game and get in an early hole.

At the same time I think the D actually started playing (scheming) the run better; despite being tired and despite the final score last week.

Overall we have too many positive changes this year for me to get the typical, late season collapse feeling. If we get blown out in this game then I’m going to be a little worried even though we should still finish with 7 wins.

No, I don’t feel good about this game. But it’s not about the team “starting to spiral”.

It’s about playing a tough opponent for the fourth week in a row. Physical games take a toll.

This part of the schedule is exactly what was expected before the season started when very few people thought this team would win more than 6 or 7 games.

If I told you before the season that we would be going into the game AT Pitt without Rhino, without Lockett, without Thompson, without G. Williams and possibly without Shrader what would you have thought?

Many posters thought it was reasonable to raise their expectations for this team and this year when we started 6-0. If that’s the case, wouldn’t it also be reasonable to adjust your expectations when you lose four starters for the season and might be going into the game with a QB who would be starting his first collegiate game?

Is your glass half full or half empty? Mine is half full. This team isn’t starting to spiral. This team has been rallying since week one when they lost two brothers for the season. Too many guys to mention, but Darton is a great example of young man who has rallied beyond anyone’s expectations.

I don’t know what’s going to happen on Saturday, but I love the heart of this team.

Let’s go 1-0 this week.

GO ORANGE!

I don't think it's close that GS is playing. He needs to heal up. Del Rio gets the practice reps and first start filling in for GS. While we have had to deal with a ton of bad injuries, I still think we are showing how much better our depth is. Johnson, Wilson, Simmons, McDonald, Lowery, Jobity to name a few. Hopefully Del Rio can go in, do some good things and hopefully Tucker has a strong game. Pitt plays aggressive, gotta believe our staff will plan for that. I think Linton and Lowery are getting some sacks this game.

The majority of those sucky Nov’s were due to QB1 being knocked out for the season, and QB2 being a walk-on.
Kinda cool we’ve got a 4* former SEC QB coming off the bench to back up our other 4* former SEC QB.

Also - this years team doesn’t have Rhino playing OL or DL.
Thank god.
Love the kid, but I’m really glad we have sufficient depth that (if he were healthy) he doesn’t have to be a bandaid fix on either line.

We don’t have 5’6” DB’s getting run over, around, and thru by ACC WR’s.

We don’t have overmatched coordinators constantly making WTAF?? decisions, while running completely ineffective schemes, that nobody - players included - has any clue as to why.
Aye - that is the case *against* it being a typical Nov around here and I’m for it. I’m more in this camp than not.

Just need to see it.

If Dino trots out a hobbled GS on Saturday then he’s planning for an L and trying keep the score respectable. And we all know GS will not be close to 100%.

I know CDRW will likely make mistakes. Throws he shouldn’t attempt and leaving the pocket too early… BUT with his healthy legs he also gives us a better chance to move the sticks and extend some drives… and we might have receivers open downfield that he actually sees.

2180A2C8-9DE9-4ED9-9EC4-7401D661D044.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom