pittsburg | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

pittsburg

Local/surrounding talent. Simple as that. Western PA and surrounding areas play very high level football.

Yeah they are next to Ohio. I also know a lot of people from that area even going back before Sandusky scandal found PSU to be way too creepy and culty and loved Pitt in comparison.

Pitt would have done great if the realignment landed them in the B1G. Not title contenders but the same 7 wins a year against far better opponents beating PSU Michigan or OSU somewhat regularly.

I wish we had gotten someone else as a crossover.

Yeah they are next to Ohio. I also know a lot of people from that area even going back before Sandusky scandal found PSU to be way too creepy and culty and loved Pitt in comparison.

Pitt would have done great if the realignment landed them in the B1G. Not title contenders but the same 7 wins a year against far better opponents beating PSU Michigan or OSU somewhat regularly.

“Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River..”

Nobody in the ACC wants any part of WVU. Terrible fans and weak Olympic sports.
I could not care less about what the North Carolina schools want. WVU is exponentially more fun to play than Pitt, and for some inexplicable reason (WVU being the better program) we beat them more often than not.

Ohio, Maryland, NoVA and Eastern PA in addition to their own back yard. They also pull whichever Western NY kids they want which irks many on here but they're only an hour further from Buffalo than Cuse are.

Pitts actually a really good school in a neat city as well as sharing NFL facilities. One could easily argue they should be much better than they are.

I could not care less about what the North Carolina schools want. WVU is exponentially more fun to play than Pitt, and for some inexplicable reason (WVU being the better program) we beat them more often than not.
More fun to play in hoops too, and they’re also now the better program there.

I’d make the trade in a heartbeat.

I think you can't overlook the ease of getting admitted to WVU. Not saying that's the deal in all cases but it certainly is an advantage over Syracuse.
Who was the last scholarship athlete to not be admitted by SU

Surprising thing (at least to me) is that they only have six or seven guys from Ohio on the roster. I just checked their roster.
And Ohio is really close.
I don’t think they even have to lean very hard into Ohio. Pennsylvania is just stacked with players.
They can count on PA to supply a huge chunk of the roster and then dip into MD and OH and Florida, of course.

Can anyone tell me how Boise State is able to recruit a roster full of California and Texas kids? Any time I start thinking about our recruiting limits I always start wondering how they are able to recruit in those states so well?

Can anyone tell me how Boise State is able to recruit a roster full of California and Texas kids? Any time I start thinking about our recruiting limits I always start wondering how they are able to recruit in those states so well?
Their coaches have proven they’re good coaches where as the last time we produced an offensive draft pick… I may have still been in middle or HS

Who was the last scholarship athlete to not be admitted by SU
There are checkpoints along the way. Maybe Admissions turned thumbs down, so the offer was not made. Or the coaches looked at the transcript and said no dice.

There are checkpoints along the way. Maybe Admissions turned thumbs down, so the offer was not made. Or the coaches looked at the transcript and said no dice.
Jalen moss

Marquise Blair and KJ Williams come to mind

Their coaches have proven they’re good coaches where as the last time we produced an offensive draft pick… I may have still been in middle or HS
Coaching, fast-pace offense, and admissions standards at the NCAA minimums. At one time it was a junior college and then the state made it a 4-year school.

I don’t buy kids caring about playing in an NFL stadium that has almost no one in it.

It’s more about who we can and can’t pursue than who does or doesn’t get admitted.
I think SU FB and BB get anyone they want, as long as they meet NCAA standards. To think otherwise is naive, IMO. Winfred Walton got in, but the NCAA SAT requirements kept him out, not SU admissions.

I think SU FB and BB get anyone they want, as long as they meet NCAA standards. To think otherwise is naive, IMO. Winfred Walton got in, but the NCAA SAT requirements kept him out, not SU admissions.
I remember clearly the public statement made by the unlamented former Chancellor concerning the disadvantage SU had in the rejiggered BE due to varying academic requirements.

So, in ~2005, SU was tougher for athletes to get into than (likely) Louisville and USF, (probably) WVU, and (maybe) Cincinnati.

I remember clearly the public statement made by the unlamented former Chancellor concerning the disadvantage SU had in the rejiggered BE due to varying academic requirements.

So, in ~2005, SU was tougher for athletes to get into than (likely) Louisville and USF, (probably) WVU, and (maybe) Cincinnati.
Just coincedence that Shala was president when Miami went down
Cantor was chancellor when Syracuse got bad. Uconn made a lot of bad hires when they had a women chancellor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom