Pittsburgh Game Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Pittsburgh Game Thread

The thing I find weird is, Cooney plays 40 minutes a game, it could be argued he's been gassed at the end of games at times...yet, the team was clicking pretty well with him on the bench, and he comes back in with 4 fouls and over 10 minutes left.

Then we got slaughtered. Now, I'm not saying Cooney caused that, AT ALL, defense was our issue, and he's not bad on D - just weird that we brought him back in so early when they guys on the floor were holding their own.

KJ looks more comfortable to me playing off the ball. G should be the full-time PG. No exceptions.

He's not good on D.

When the ref's virtually castrate the defense, there is not much you can do. We had our three best players playing for a long stretch with 4 fouls each. Roc had to let guys finish at the rim, MG as well. They all played hard and played reasonably well. I just hope all the guys, besides Roc, remember all these games for next year. Because that will be their year to pound on lesser teams like Pitt and Clemson. SU will be loaded. They will be young, but they will have leadership with MG and Cooney and the fire of DC. This year is a minor bump in the road, and still this team is competitive and plays hard and are fun to root for.

Just an observation, tired players foul more.

Pitt's 83 points today marked their season high, including exhibition games.

Seemed Cuse had the lead in this game for 35 of the 40 minutes overall, maybe more. Game was tied with just under 3 minutes. Our guys ran out of gas and made some sloppy turnovers, played some bad D on shooters, and missed some shots. That's what happens when guys are tired. It's a theme that will probably continue with no bench. It's too bad Rak's great play is being wasted...he just doesn't have enough help.