Pittsburgh... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pittsburgh...

We have been favored in 15 of 17 games this year and we are only 10-5 as a favorite with none of those games being g particularly close and have covered just 7 times. It’s time to change that this weekend.

The only games we were dogs were at Duke and at Ohio State.

We have been favored in 15 of 17 games this year and we are only 10-5 as a favorite with none of those games being g particularly close and have covered just 7 times. It’s time to change that this weekend.

The only games we were dogs were at Duke and at Ohio State.
We were favored against buffalo?

Way to spin my words. Am I to be sure you wrote this or did a mod?

The home crowds have been sluggish this year and we have stunk at home compared to the road. The sample size is too big to ignore.

The way things are looking right now, the crowd could be impacted pretty severely based on the track and timing of this winter storm. Good thing it's an earlier tip time, at least.

I couldn’t be dreading a game more. I guess that is all I’ll say.
Don’t fear. Pitt is much improved this season. But the reason we had trouble with Ga Tech, besides playing poorly, is because they have a staunch defense. I was worried about that game heading into it. Their defense is top 20 in KenPom def efficiency. They’re usually terrible on the offensive side of the ball, but they had an out-of-their-minds game, and our own offensive issues bled into poor defense in the second half. That’s not going to happen against Pitt.

The home crowds have been sluggish this year and we have stunk at home compared to the road. The sample size is too big to ignore.
It’s true, our home crowds have been lackluster. GTech’s was pretty bad from the get go.

Even the Gtown crowd was slow moving

Don’t fear. Pitt is much improved this season. But the reason we had trouble with Ga Tech, besides playing poorly, is because they have a staunch defense. I was worried about that game heading into it. Their defense is top 20 in KenPom def efficiency. They’re usually terrible on the offensive side of the ball, but they had an out-of-their-minds game, and our own offensive issues bled into poor defense in the second half. That’s not going to happen against Pitt.
Pittsburgh is top 30 in Defense on KenPom

Mcgowens is a player
very interested in seeing him play... he gets to the FT line a ton... 18-for-19 from the charity stripe against Florida State the other night. he's averaging more than 12 FT attempts per game in ACC play.

Just glad that Dixon is gone. And Chevon Troutman. And Carl Krauser. They each played 12 years at Pitt.
Let us not forget Sean Miller...who seemed be on a lifetime student plan way back when.

very interested in seeing him play... he gets to the FT line a ton... 18-for-19 from the charity stripe against Florida State the other night. he's averaging more than 12 FT attempts per game in ACC play.
that's insane

It’s true, our home crowds have been lackluster. GTech’s was pretty bad from the get go.

Even the Gtown crowd was slow moving
was there anything else slow moving about the georgetown game, like maybe the double digit halftime deficit?

Because a couple must have been and ones.

Unbelievable. We need the crowd in the game is taken as blaming them. It makes as much sense as changing our offense means we hate the head coach

Also bballbeadle needs to keep that negative kid two seats away under wraps. We don’t need Pascal regressing from all that negative ju ju.
I can’t WAIT to see him again! I will be wearing my BEAT DUKE shirt. I’ve got the feeling he will be a little sheepish and hopefully good-natured about it. I’m going to tell him that his hate has made Chukwu strong but now he has to get him PURE LOVE. I’ll let you know!

But we better beat Pitt. I’m in no mood for any more of their dilly dallying.

I can’t WAIT to see him again! I will be wearing my BEAT DUKE shirt. I’ve got the feeling he will be a little sheepish and hopefully good-natured about it. I’m going to tell him that his hate has made Chukwu strong but now he has to get him PURE LOVE. I’ll let you know!

But we better beat Pitt. I’m in no mood for any more of their dilly dallying.
You need to ask him what he thought of how Pascal played down in Durham

After games against ODU and GT there will not be a game on the schedule where I'm not worried. Pitt beat FSU and Louisville at home and barely lost to NC State on the road. SU has shown the ability to lose to anyone at any time. Which SU team will show up on Saturday?

After games against ODU and GT there will not be a game on the schedule where I'm not worried. Pitt beat FSU and Louisville at home and barely lost to NC State on the road. SU has shown the ability to lose to anyone at any time. Which SU team will show up on Saturday?

Further, SU has shown the ability to lose to Pitt under every conceivable situation and condition. Losing to Pitt ruins my month and it happens FAR too often even in good times. Like I said - for no reason other than experience, I am dreading this game like no other.

I just hope that Tyus now realizes that we go as he goes and he must be aggressive, hungry, and lead this team from very first minute. It’s his team and he better continue to act like it.

That's the right point.

Seems to me that lots of people, including Battle himself, erroneously came to the conclusion that this year's team didn't have to depend on him quite so heavily.

The theory was that the other returning players were going to improve and that the incoming ones would add scoring punch and that meant that Battle wouldn't have to shoulder so much of the load.

That thesis turned out to be untrue or, at least, not anywhere near as true as some hoped.

If SU is going to win more, Battle needs to take charge. He may have a slightly better supporting cast this year, but he IS THE MAN. Maybe he can relax, if and when the other players figure things out. But right now, it's a little bit of 2017-18 redux.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom