Play 1 after the first INT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Play 1 after the first INT

One thing I do know there will not be major overhaul to the offense gameplan or philosphy. Babers system is his system and we will run that system. Maybe adjustments on play calling and route running but the offense system there will be no adjustments. We will have to hope that the incoming recruit class from this year and the pass recruiting classes will be able to excute it better than what we are currently seeing.

This is the series that really has me puzzled
Play 1 we go 2 wide, they play 9 in the box. The oline slants right, the RT traps back, the fullback comes under the QB. They leave the left and right DE/LB unblocked.

View attachment 109807

now a few frames later. you can see the head of the TE at the top. the line is slanting right. the TE blocked down to the left. the blocking scheme makes no sense, if he slants right and holds his spot the Left DE/LB never gets back into the backfield. In addition the pulling tackle does not hit the LB attacking from the right and the FB has not hit anyone yet.

View attachment 109809

the play ends.. ED if he bootlegs probably scores but thats another discussion. The RT is too late adjusting to the R LB and the trailing LB gets home too. Had the TE made his block to hold that edge the blocking by the pulling RT probably isnt too late Strickland at worst gets 1-1 with the MLB at the 3 but has the whole field to also angle away from him. if the RT hits the OLB in any case he also gives Strickland room to go away from the trailing LB even if does get around the end

View attachment 109810

the play call is fine, 9 in the box you get what you can on first down The oline held up fine just the pursuit on the outside got home
This is a good thread. Thank you.

One thing I do know there will not be major overhaul to the offense gameplan or philosphy. Babers system is his system and we will run that system. Maybe adjustments on play calling and route running but the offense system there will be no adjustments. We will have to hope that the incoming recruit class from this year and the pass recruiting classes will be able to excute it better than what we are currently seeing.

Ha. No. We just need the guys who already have executed this offense at high level to do their jobs.

Obviously, the system has some holes (like all systems and offenses), but we were pretty good in the red zone last year (esp if you compare to the SS era). I think we saw an unfocused QB miss things he normally doesn't combined with WR who dropped balls they normally don't. Throw in a young line and poor RB play with a former HC in their heads as DC - and you get this perfect storm.

People are too quick to lose faith.

Ha. No. We just need the guys who already have executed this offense at high level to do their jobs.

Obviously, the system has some holes (like all systems and offenses), but we were pretty good in the red zone last year (esp if you compare to the SS era). I think we saw an unfocused QB miss things he normally doesn't combined with WR who dropped balls they normally don't. Throw in a young line and poor RB play with a former HC in their heads as DC - and you get this perfect storm.

People are too quick to lose faith.

Oh I am not losing faith give me his system all day every day. We don't have things vital to this system. We do not have strong line play and we haven't have anyone be able to take the top off the defense on a regular basis and we don't have a running back capable of not running straight ahead with thier head down. Those are three things that we will need to fix with the incoming recruiting classes and the Dino's past classes as our upperclassmen are unable to deliever in those key areas.

we failed all game long and scored 23 pts and left 14-20 on the table just on plays in the red zone.

we scored more than 30 7 times in the SS era

the big step is will we still score 0-10 against the big boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom