Play Calling Question | Syracusefan.com

Play Calling Question

phil77

Hall of Fame
Did we throw one pass down in the middle of the field? At all? Ever? Even a miss? I do not remember a pass down the middle.

Did we throw one pass down in the middle of the field? At all? Ever? Even a miss? I do not remember a pass down the middle.
Yes, and it went for 55 yards to Kobena. Then, genius MacDonald forgot about that.

Allen threw the ball far more often to his right than to his left.

Yes, and it went for 55 yards to Kobena. Then, genius MacDonald forgot about that.

That was my point. I don't know how we can put this loss on the players as much as we have to put it on the offensive coaching staff. Our players looked confused and never on the same page...

HERE IS ANOTHER HINT ************** IF YOUR PLAYERS ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE HUDDLE UP AND CALL A PLAY !!!!

did we not throw a pass down the middle or not call a pass down the middle.. for all we know they called the play in secs and the players couldnt figure it out. we dropped too many passes that could have helped keep drives going.

did we not throw a pass down the middle or not call a pass down the middle.. for all we know they called the play in secs and the players couldnt figure it out. we dropped too many passes that could have helped keep drives going.

Seemed pretty clear the game plan was to run up the middle and pass to the edges.

i think the fact that we dont trust our QBs to make decisions is affecting the play calling.. add in our WR dont really make dynamic plays and passing is a struggle.. even when brown came in for PSU he clearly made big plays that our guys probably dont make. PSU threw 2-3 passes down the field as well

The intermediate pass down the middle was our best weapon last year.

I still don't fully trust Kobena's hands, but he has to be in the game. Our only player that can blow the top off an opposing defense... 2 backs, 2 TEs, H-Back, whatever, but somebody has to be able to stretch the field...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom