Player behavior during the official interception review... | Syracusefan.com

Player behavior during the official interception review...

Jake

Mod
is it me, or did our players look like jackasses whooping it up on the field?

I'm always concerned when players lobby for a particular coach to be hired...especially when we're talking about 18-21 year olds who are always looking for the path of least resistance in all facets of life.

Might be nothing to it, but its something I'm going to keep an eye on. Football players need discipline...when that leaves a program, it gets ugly in a hurry.

I don't see anyway that happens with Marrone on the sideline...just sayin'

I had zero problem with it. They just crammed the ball down Clemson's throat to start the half, had a little momentum and forced a turnover to get the ball back at midfield. It's not like they were taunting. They were excited and they were getting the crowd fired up, which worked by the way.

I'm more upset with the fact that they weren't able to cash in on the turnover. And weren't able to cash in on the next possession where they got inside the 20 again.

those boys can dance, i thought a few were going to do a head spin

hqdefault.jpg

I'm always concerned when players lobby for a particular coach to be hired...especially when we're talking about 18-21 year olds who are always looking for the path of least resistance in all facets of life.

Might be nothing to it, but its something I'm going to keep an eye on. Football players need discipline...when that leaves a program, it gets ugly in a hurry.

He wouldn't have left them on the field, he'd have had them huddled up on the sideline probably.

I think they were in win the next play mode and just reacting to each play as it happened and disregarding the score.

Last edited:
It looked like borderline taunting to me. Certainly showboating when you're getting crushed is not a good idea, duh.

You want them to tuck their tail and acknowledge the score in their behavior? F' that. Play each play like it's 0-0.

Eh, whatever. Two words...be humble. They were embarrassed out there. 624 yards given up is something to sure be proud of.

It looked like borderline taunting to me. Certainly showboating when you're getting crushed is not a good idea, duh.

So no pumping the crowd up when momentum is on your side and you're trying to make a massive comeback is showboating? :rolleyes:

I thought they were just getting the crowd behind them. I was maybe the slightest bit put off by it at first, and then on second thought realized they were getting us to yell That is what you do with a full dome...

If you're calling that showboating, I don't know what to call what I was doing in section 320! It was a moment where the momentum had shifted. They were trying to rally each other. I saw nothing wrong with it and the Clemson fans next to me didn't either.

During Cincinnati last year during either a review or injury there were multiple players dancing. Marrone was the coach then so it disproves that theory a bit.

I thought it was great.

I loved it and thought it got crowd going.

I agree. Unfortunately, that was probably my favorite part of the game. Was nice to see the Dome go nuts for a team down 21. Usually the place is a very, very reactive place. Not Saturday it wasn't.

Is this kind of like how Marrone only recruited kids with the highest of character that would never have off-field issues and stuff like that?

I'm not naive enough to not see both sides of it. Just know when enough is enough, especially when you're getting routed, to man up and play without any bogus celebrations.

I don't know what you're talking about. Miami got good once discipline left.

I had zero problem with it. They just crammed the ball down Clemson's throat to start the half, had a little momentum and forced a turnover to get the ball back at midfield. It's not like they were taunting. They were excited and they were getting the crowd fired up, which worked by the way.

I'm more upset with the fact that they weren't able to cash in on the turnover. And weren't able to cash in on the next possession where they got inside the 20 again.
A comment on "getting the crowd fired up" How pathetic is it when the players have to wave up cheering?The noise should be deafening but their mouths are too filled with beer or dogs to muster up the required decibel level. Not when I was there. I recall forcing the opposition's offense to take a time out on multiple ocassions with tje level of noise. No more.

I can't believe it, but I actually just liked a Cali post not because it amused me, but because I agree. The crowd shouldn't need coaching from the players on when they should be into the game.

When it's a 21 point game, the momentum is on your side, and you have a chance to have the ball in the other team's territory, I loved it. The team was fired up and the crowd got real loud too.

I wish they had the offense go out on the field and line up.

When it's a 21 point game, the momentum is on your side, and you have a chance to have the ball in the other team's territory, I loved it. The team was fired up and the crowd got real loud too.

I started a thread during the game about some of the antics. Not because I'm anti-antic, typically I dig that stuff. But because of how these guys were celebrating.

They were running 10-15 yards away from the tackle or pass break-up and preening like Hulk Hogan. Spielman kept commenting that they should be celebrating with their teammates, and I 100% agree.

Show the pythons and jump around like House of Pain, but do it with your boys. It came off really badly the way they were doing it.

hulk-hogan.jpg

to be honest with you, i am conflicted about the behavior - part of me wants to say "yes, they were playing loose and getting crowd in it" but i didn't see them waving to crowd or anything, it seemed internal, dancing within themselves if that makes sense.

part of me says they should and get in the huddle. down by 3 scores...

but later in the game i saw units out on the field while others were still on the sidelines with the coaches.. i.e the DB's were walking out on field, or were out there already, or it was the Dline out on the field. I understand maybe they have their "call" and are all set for post the TO, but be a team, be a defensive unit and stick together, this is more concerning to me..

it was the repaly on the screen that they kept showing that got the crowd juiced, not the dancing IMO

it was the repaly on the screen that they kept showing that got the crowd juiced, not the dancing IMO

No that's not right. The crowd cheered that. Then the replays went down and the team started motioning to the crowd to make noise. That's when it got really loud in there.