Player Evaluations and A Few Notes | Syracusefan.com

Player Evaluations and A Few Notes

Francis03

All American
I was able to watch a few of the peach jam games and a few others over the last month. I'll share some quick notes on the notable targets and some additional notes.

Tyler Ennis PG-Can't say much that hasn't been said before. Very smooth and always in control of the offense. One of the main things that I like about him is that he never gets rattled, and leadership is something that we'll never have to worry about from our future floor general.

BeeJay Anya C-Didn't get many touches inside but finished with monster dunks when he did. Loves the hook shot but doesn't seem to hit them at a high percentage in the games that I've watched lol. Played great on D, rebounding, blocking and altering shots inside. Outside of Ennis, Anya was the most watched 2013 prospect by SU during the evaluation period. Still think Indiana will eventually land but it's no lock. SU has his best friend and both have played together for a long time now.

Rondae Jefferson SF-Do-it-all at it's finest. Played position 1-4 in the game that I watched and spent a lot of time posting up smaller defenders, and scoring inside or forcing foul calls. As far as his recruitment is concerned unfortunately at this point SU is behind Zona and Temple in this race. I won't mention Rutgers because ummm it's Rutgers :)

Kam Williams SG-Known as a big time scorer so I assumed that he was a gunner but I was completely wrong about that. Williams does a good job picking his spots on the floor when to be a passer and when to score. He loves to drive first and either kick out to the open man or shoot the floater. Has a nice release from the outside and went 8-8 from the foul line. He's very interested in SU and could make a visit in September.

Marcus Lee C-More prospect than player at this point. Needs to hit the weight room and get some beef on that frame if he's going to be effective on the next level. Scored mainly off of dunks and on the fast break. Didn't show much in the post moves department but has good vision and made some nice passes. I don't think that SU is a major player in his recruitment.

Andrew Wiggins SF-The best high school prospect that I've seen since LeBron. Lots of wow factor to his game. Triple threat scorer on the floor and is a master of the spin move in the lane. Mainly a battle between UK & FSU as been said before.

Chris McCullough PF-Big time athlete who can handle the rock like a guard. More of a face-up forward than a back to the basket player at this point. Would like to see him develop that part of his game moving forward but is a great prospect nonetheless. McCullough was the most watched 2014 prospect by SU during the evaluation period. That lets you know how much of a priority that he is for them.

Phil Booth CG-Known as a scorer, but has been making the transition to the point and did a good job running the show in the game that I watched. Made some good passes and scored a few buckets from mid-range. Missed several 3's but his form looked ok to me. SU has shown interest for a long time but no offer has been made yet.

Isaiah Briscoe CG-Mature game for a youngster as he knows his strength is taking the ball to the rack instead of jacking up jumpers. Can run point but I think he's better suited for the combo role like Dion moving forward. When it comes to his recruitment, unless his parents put up the stop sign again, expect some good news for SU.

Cheick Diallo C-Think about BMK, but a top 50 version. Diallo has all of the potential to be a special player down the road. At this point his defense is ahead of his offense, but he's a good athlete with super long arms, and decent hands. SU has expressed interest in Diallo after seeing him alongside with McCullough.

A non Cuse target who caught my eye was Aaron Gordon. At 6'8 or 6'9 he can play all 5 positions. His motor runs 100mph and he'll definitely make a big impact at any school he chooses to play at. I think Zona is one of his favs, imagine him and Jefferson together oh lord have mercy.

Outside of Ennis, the rest of 2013 to lookout for is Lawrence, Roberson, Anya, Obokoh, Wainright, Jefferson, Selden, Williams, and Austin.

A player that I haven't seen but heard about thanks to fellow poster Mstumpy50, is the newest addition to Bishop Kearney Gods Power Ogide. Hopefully some of the locals can check him out along with Thomas Bryant.

Outstanding stuff [per usual], Francis--you are da man!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.

If Zona beats us for Jefferson, are Roberson and Wainright legit possibilities for us at SF?

Awesome stuff. Really appreciated. Jefferson to anywhere but 'Cuse makes me want to cry. :(

Do you think being without Jim and Mike hurt us with Jefferson?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Francis- great report! I'd say it's pretty obvious that Tom Crean is pulling out all the stops for BeeJay Anya if that's who he was texting the other day!

Thanks Francis- great report! I'd say it's pretty obvious that Tom Crean is pulling out all the stops for BeeJay Anya if that's who he was texting the other day!

Sexxxayyyyyyyyy.jpg

If Zona beats us for Jefferson, are Roberson and Wainright legit possibilities for us at SF?
The staff loves Lawrence n Roberson for the combo forward spot. Looks to be a first come first serve situation.

Do you think being without Jim and Mike hurt us with Jefferson?

No, Zona and Temple have been considered the front runners for awhile. Still plenty of time to change that though.

The staff loves Lawrence n Roberson for the combo forward spot. Looks to be a first come first serve situation.

Jefferson seems more of a SF/SG and Robertson n Lawrence more of a PF/SF. Do you think the staff would take any combination?

Jefferson seems more of a SF/SG and Robertson n Lawrence more of a PF/SF. Do you think the staff would take any combination?

No doubt. Jefferson offers plenty of versatility and the staff actually likes him as a point.

There's a guy named God's Power now? This is getting ridiculous.

Thanks for the writeup, Francis.

There's a guy named God's Power now? This is getting ridiculous.

Thanks for the writeup, Francis.

You act like he wouldn't be at the top of your recruiting board in NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that means Kearney's front court will be 6'10" 6'10" and 6'9"?????

So that means Kearney's front court will be 6'10" 6'10" and 6'9"?????

You have some NBA teams that would kill for that kind of size in their starting lineup.

Dakari injured his MCL, so he missed the whole July evaluation period. We're still in there but it's going to be a brawl for his services.

Got a feeling kam williams ends up here
Killa Kam would provide great ball handling depth at the guard position. Especially since Triche will be gone and most likely MCW as well.

Francis are we looking to take 3 or 4 players in this class?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom