Player Evaluations | Syracusefan.com

Player Evaluations

Much thanks. Great how you mentioned weaknesses to build on, not just the positives, and some players we might not yet be familiar with.
Thanks Tee. Wiley(offer), Derrickson, and Howard are all Team Takeover kids and being watched closely by Red.

A ceiling for Obokoh? Dieng? If so I would take that in a heartbeat. Thanks Francis.

A ceiling for Obokoh? Dieng? If so I would take that in a heartbeat. Thanks Francis.
When I watched him last summer, that was the same exact upside and player comparison that I had for him. He's a work in progress but if he stays injury free and works hard the rest of the way then sky's the limit.

Great job Francis and Co. I really appreciate the info. And I love the names that I hadn't heard before.

Thanks Francis. I hate to say this but the one thing that jumped out for me was that Tyler Ennis was only 1-4 on his FT shooting in the game you watched. I realize this was only one game, but based on some struggles for this years team and in the past for the Cuse, hopefully this is not an issue for him going forward.

Thanks Francis. I hate to say this but the one thing that jumped out for me was that Tyler Ennis was only 1-4 on his FT shooting in the game you watched. I realize this was only one game, but based on some struggles for this years team and in the past for the Cuse, hopefully this is not an issue for him going forward.
I've seen Ennis play about six times over the past year and he has a nice release and shooting form. I was pretty surprised to see him miss those free throws but as you mentioned it was only in that game it happened, because he has always been solid at the line in other games that I've watched. He's a very confident player, so I'm sure he'll have no fear taking big free throws in the clutch at SU.

So can any of our guys knock down jumpers? Ennis, Patterson, Johnson, Roberson...any of them true 3 pt threats??

So can any of our guys knock down jumpers? Ennis, Patterson, Johnson, Roberson...any of them true 3 pt threats??
Ennis and Johnson are good shooters. Patterson has range but is a little streaky. Roberson is a pretty solid shooter from inside the 3pt line.

Really hit the nail on the head with Patterson, Ennis, McCullough from what I saw of them.

no Briscoe?

Really hit the nail on the head with Patterson, Ennis, McCullough from what I saw of them.

no Briscoe?
Thanks. I actually had notes on Briscoe, but I felt it wasn't anything different than what others have mentioned before about him. I'll probably get to him in the spring/summer when life after Tyler The Creator begins. Love his game but one concern that I have, is his current playing weight is near 220lbs. That's too big for somebody his age but he has plenty of time to shed the the weight, which will help improve his quickness and athleticism. Really hope his old man doesn't get in the way with him not ending up at SU, because I feel that he isn't too big on his son sharing the spotlight with Tyler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom