Players Left From Robinson Era | Syracusefan.com

Players Left From Robinson Era

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Looks like only five.

Nassib, Sales, Cutler, Boatman, Vaughn.

Looking down the roster, one has to be optimistic that this is the most athletic team we have had in awhile.

It looks like we have some size and some speed - a lot of athletes in the defensive secondary.

How many true frosh will play from the start?

As did Lemon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The 5th year guys played for GRob in 2008. The 4th year guys are the GRob/Marrone combo class that signed in Feb 2009. Does anyone have a breakdown of which current 4th year guys were Robinson commits that stayed and which ones Marrone picked up late?

GROB had 5 or 6 commits by the time he was released, including Pugh, Phillips, and Lemon. The other 2 (or 3) did not stick (or were not asked to) once Marrone was hired.
Marrone sold Pugh, Phillips and Lemon on sticking. Chilbane, Loeb, Sharpe, Sharmarko Thomas and Rishard Anderson were part of that 2009 class of signees, along with some others who have departed.

. . .

It looks like we have some size and some speed - a lot of athletes in the defensive secondary.

If you mean how many play in September games, my answer is not many other than the Milford kids (Broyld, Davis). And kicker Ryan Norton has a shot at taking over kickoffs.

Likely the true frosh at DL and OL will redshirt if Trudo, Foy & Curtis stay healthy.
The other true frosh have a shot at coverage or return teams -- over the course of the season, my guess is 7 or 8 of the true frosh will see the field.

Best prospects to play on O or D: Morgan, Morris, Thompson.

Did anyone else notice this looking at the roster...
I guess that time at Milford just flew by.

2012-13 Football Roster
Full Roster
Expand
large_Hilliard_Myles_rivals.jpg
#5 Myles Hilliard
Position: Defensive End
Height: 6-5
Weight: 250
Class: Freshman
Hometown: Oakwood Village, Ohio
High School: Bedford
High School: Rated the 17th-best player in Northeast Ohio by the Cleveland Plain Dealer … 2011 all-league first team for offense and defense … In 2011, had 79 tackles, including 22 sacks, six forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries … In 2010, recorded 59 total tackles and five sacks … Also played basketball and threw shot put and discus for the track & field team … High School Coach: Sean Williams.
Personal: Myles Avery Hilliard … Born in July 1994 … Son of Valerie Hilliard and Rudy Hilliard … Four brothers.
Academic interest: Education.

Looks like only five.

Looking down the roster, one has to be optimistic that this is the most athletic team we have had in awhile.

David Stevens too.

Did anyone else notice this looking at the roster...
I guess that time at Milford just flew by.

2012-13 Football Roster
Full Roster
Expand
large_Hilliard_Myles_rivals.jpg
#5 Myles Hilliard
Position: Defensive End
Height: 6-5
Weight: 250
Class: Freshman
Hometown: Oakwood Village, Ohio
High School: Bedford
High School: Rated the 17th-best player in Northeast Ohio by the Cleveland Plain Dealer … 2011 all-league first team for offense and defense … In 2011, had 79 tackles, including 22 sacks, six forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries … In 2010, recorded 59 total tackles and five sacks … Also played basketball and threw shot put and discus for the track & field team … High School Coach: Sean Williams.
Personal: Myles Avery Hilliard … Born in July 1994 … Son of Valerie Hilliard and Rudy Hilliard … Four brothers.
Academic interest: Education.

Yeah its been that way for quite a while. Guess they wont make it official until Marrone says so.

This thread triggered me to review some clips of Robinson years and it still drives me wild to think about how this one man threw our program in a casket and buried it with a smile.

This thread triggered me to review some clips of Robinson years and it still drives me wild to think about how this one man threw our program in a casket and buried it with a smile.

Masochistic tendencies? Why would you want to do that?

The 5th year guys played for GRob in 2008. The 4th year guys are the GRob/Marrone combo class that signed in Feb 2009. Does anyone have a breakdown of which current 4th year guys were Robinson commits that stayed and which ones Marrone picked up late?

While the 5 players listed were recruited by GRob, only Sales played in any actual games in 2008. The other 4 redshirted.

Buzz and Jake dug the hole

Looks like only five.

Boatman is gone. He is one of the guys who didn't return along with Mungwa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom