Players Returning Next Year | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Players Returning Next Year

our staff could use upgrading. Losses like we’ve had aren’t because JJ doesnt play defense lol
The 4 years DC was here only one year would anyone from this team have a chance to start.
Judah would have been better then Edwards when DC was a Senior.
But he definitely would have passed the ball on those teams.

Maliq told Donna he's returning next year and might play more PF.

"Brown said he will return to Syracuse next season. Depending on how the Orange roster shakes out in the offseason, he could potentially play more power forward."

Wow Maliq at the 4 would be great , we would need a beast at C

I was happy Red went outside the family with Straughn. If GMac leaves I think he needs something similar but more focused on an offensive minded coach

Absolutely not. We need to break the SU alumni guards as coaches mindset. Need fresh perspectives for this program

Probably I don't love his coaching more of the recruits he brought here. We need a high level recruiter he was that but don't know if he is still that.

I don’t think any assistants leaving this year. Maybe if Langel gets hired at a Power 5 and GMac gets the Colgate job.

Interesting if GMAC leaves I wonder if Hop would want to come back if a seat is open
We need a technician to teach offense and defense… and a Fran brown recruiter.

Not really. That gives you space to add key players. Some guys may not play as much next year, but those 4 are the most obvious to move on.
Those 4 + Benny would equal 5 spots - 2 for freshmen = 3 portals. 3 high end transfers could turn around any mediocre team. The question is whether we are capable of getting 3 high end transfers.

Not really. That gives you space to add key players. Some guys may not play as much next year, but those 4 are the most obvious to move on.

Red needs to have tough conversations with Bell and Copeland and tell them they will be bench players next year and if they can't deal with it they should leave as well...

Not sure I would choose GMac to leave over Griff. I’m not sure what Griff brings to the staff.
Yes we need to upgrade the staff as well

The 4 years DC was here only one year would anyone from this team have a chance to start.
Judah would have been better then Edwards when DC was a Senior.
But he definitely would have passed the ball on those teams.
Recruiting has to fit somewhere into that multi million dollar staffing budget id imagine. Its tiring how many excuses are made for top paid employees

Red needs to have tough conversations with Bell and Copeland and tell them they will be bench players next year and if they can't deal with it they should leave as well...
Well...it's not that they are "bench players". It's that they aren't guaranteed starters. They both need to improve a lot to be starters on a tourney level team and...ftr, I hope they do come back and improve...and I hope we get guys to challenge them for the starting spots.

Now I also realize that prob isnt reality in 2024 college basketball

I don’t think any assistants leaving this year. Maybe if Langel gets hired at a Power 5 and GMac gets the Colgate job.
Forced to leave. Staff absolutely needs a shakeup. Red has to make some big boy decisions as head coach if he wants to be head coach for longer than 3 seasons. Next year is a critical year for Red, he can’t afford to wait.

No one is guaranteed a starting job. Everyone will have earn it. That is what you tell everyone.

Forced to leave. Staff absolutely needs a shakeup. Red has to make some big boy decisions as head coach if he wants to be head coach for longer than 3 seasons. Next year is a critical year for Red, he can’t afford to wait.
No one is going to be forced to leave after year 1. This really isn’t the time to panic. We need to trust the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom