Please consider going to the Maryland game, if you haven't already | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Please consider going to the Maryland game, if you haven't already

Getting married in a hurricane on Friday... we will miss the Twerps, but at least we were able to squeeze Liberty in.

Fortunately over the years I’ve molded Mrs. Creatorsgame into a Syracuse monster. We may miss this one... but will always make an attempt to get to any game south of the Mason-Dixon.

Front row tickets behind the su bench, row 5 cost 73$ on seatgeek, I’d buy those tickets if I wasn’t working.

Bought 4 tix for UM game. 3rd deck. 2 on the 50. 2 on the 30. $11 each.

Flying in from the West Coast and staying in DC near Capital w/son and have a buddy driving down from Cuse.

Even scored White House Tix where I’ll be sporting SU’s colors which, oddly enough, match our President.

Where exactly is the definitive Orange tailgate to visit?

Psyched for Psyracuse.

BTW, let’s not forget Clemson plays Texas A&M the week before coming into the Dome. Could be beaten up a little. Might have to play their 4 Stars instead of their 5 Stars.

Will be there with a group of 4! Haven't been to a road game in a few years.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t agree with this in ANY way. Attended the SU game at UM in 2013. I have attended a many away games since 1977 and the only bigger d-bags that I have run across were at UCONN. We had UM fans throw stuff at our car, insult us, swear at us, etc. The place is a major traffic PIA getting to the stadium, which by the way was a dump. No thank you.

I was at the 2013 game as well. My experience was a complete 180 from this. I've rarely felt more at home in a road stadium.

I can't go. But what do you guys think if Syracuse ever makes a final 4 in football in the next 10 years? Will enough fans show up? A SEC fan like showing, to say a AT@T stadium ect...?

I was at the 2013 game as well. My experience was a complete 180 from this. I've rarely felt more at home in a road stadium.

Sounds like he ended up at a DeMatha game down the street.

Hope to shove outta Alexandria by 8AM Saturday. And the horror of meeting internet people in person is rather priceless.

Sounds like he ended up at a DeMatha game down the street.

Hope to shove outta Alexandria by 8AM Saturday. And the horror of meeting internet people in person is rather priceless.

I'm coming with the non-internet friends, always fun and never awkward when they meet the internet friends.

Brian, meet cusefan90210. cusefan90210, meet Brian.

I'll be there with my 2 boys & my grandson. My youngest (HS senior) is looking at their ROTC program, so a great opportunity to see the school & watch SU. I lived in College Park way back in the late 80's, early 90's. During my powerlifting days, I worked security for both MD football & basketball games. I got to see Lenny Bias play often. Such a sad story! I was at the SU/MD football game when Conley blew his knee out the first time. I had a seat close to the sideline where it happened. Even the MD fans were sickened by the sight. You could hear him initially screaming & knew it was bad. Haven't been back since. Great venue for football.

I'm coming with the non-internet friends, always fun and never awkward when they meet the internet friends.

Brian, meet cusefan90210. cusefan90210, meet Brian.

So - how do you guys all KNOW each other?

Dunno, somehow ended up on an email and txt chain...

We had an SEC fan-like presence at the Camping World Bowl, let's keep this momentum going.

Obviously if you have some legitimate reason that you can't go next weekend (e.g. health reasons, you're coaching your kids sport, etc.) this doesn't apply to you. I know what you may be thinking, "Eric you douche, this is easy for you to say since you live 30 minutes from College Park." Here is my reasoning why I think SU fans should treat this as an all-hands-on-deck away game pilgrimage:

-Hotel rooms are affordable and plentiful. This isn't a small college town where hotels sell out months in advance. There are a limitless supply of low-cost hotel rooms in the DMV.
-Tickets are extremely affordable. You can sit in the upper deck for $18 on Stubhub.
-DC area is very easy to get to from the entire Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
-There will be thousands of SU fans in attendance.
-It's a Noon game and Maryland fans honestly don't care all that much, so unlike NFL games this is a totally friendly atmosphere to bring kids.
-There is tons of fun things to do in DC (restaurants, museums, monuments, etc etc) with which to parlay this trip.

So if you haven't considered going next weekend for no reason in particular, just make it happen. I want our orange in this stadium to look like Tennessee fans in the Dome in 1998.

View attachment 169299
If I wasn’t working...

Don't you DARE go to this game! Do NOT cheer loud and often! Don't have any FUN with your fellow Orange fans! And NO alcohol...NOT ONE DROP!

(Sorry, I started to slip into "Parent Mode" at the end...)
Now that’s enabling. Excellent reverse psychology. He’ll never know what hit’em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom