Please tell me how Gilbert runs the ball at the 9 with 45 sec left | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Please tell me how Gilbert runs the ball at the 9 with 45 sec left

There was zero reason to believe that we could run the ball effectively there (maybe that was the reason?). But, I agree with you - take all your shots into the end zone. Especially with no TOs left. If you do run the ball on 1st, you should clock the ball on 2nd to stop the clock, get a call in from the sideline with time to get players lined up and read the D. NCST gifted them a TO in that spot.

It woudl only be acceptable if we had two plays called. So if the run doesn't get a TD, hurry to the line and run play #2. That saves time and could catch the D off guard. We looked lost after the play and then NC State decided to take a TO to get a sub in. They bailed us out from losing another 10 seconds of clock there.

Normally I wouldn’t have minded the run but we ran for 3 yes 3 yards for the game. We couldn’t run the ball the whole game so what makes anyone think we can there?

We were due, right?

So... did the staff and players realize that Taj got a first down on the previous play?

It would've taken them 8 downs to run the ball in from the 8 yard line. maybe they thought they had 8 downs

yeah, that’s what they were trying to do, grind it out

I just thought about this again and laughed out loud while lying in bed.

7 yard line (edit: was it the 9? regardless within the 10), 4 plays, 45 seconds left, 1 timeout gift wrapped to us by NCSt... not a single throw to the end zone.

That is incredible.

7 yard line (edit: was it the 9? regardless within the 10), 4 plays, 45 seconds left, 1 timeout gift wrapped to us by NCSt... not a single throw to the end zone.

That is incredible.

In the box score we ran the ball three times. The only pass was the spike.

That is incredible.

Only in Syracuse

yeah, that’s what they were trying to do, grind it out
I'm not a mind reader. All we can know for sure is that they didn't know how many downs there were

The staff has been horribly incompetent at clock and timeout management for several years. Maybe the AD could spring for a few copies of Homer Smith’s “Complete Guide to Clock Management”.

It's not a bad call plus NC State might be taking their timeouts so they can get a fg. The problem is our 5th year senior QB took a sack a freshman would take and o ya spiked the ball on 4th down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom