PLL and MLL are merging... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PLL and MLL are merging...

Surprised the Cannons didn't try and reunite Fields with Lyle Thompson. Rough year for Fields last year, he was a MVP candidate his first year than got benched last year and saw his team make the Championship Game without him

That is perhaps the most lopsided trade in the history of history. 57 year old Paul Rabi with almost no points last year for the actual #1 overall pick (Cannons 1st round pick is the #1 pick overall). Makes the PLL look like a joke. They couldn't bear to insult the league founder with a trade for what he is actually worth? Weird enough that he both runs things and plays. Even weirder that he is treated like the best player in the league because of it.

Edit: Read it slightly wrong. Its just an additional 1st round pick in 2022 for the college draft, not the number 1 overall this year. Still totally ridiculous.

That is perhaps the most lopsided trade in the history of history. 57 year old Paul Rabi with almost no points last year for the actual #1 overall pick (Cannons 1st round pick is the #1 pick overall). Makes the PLL look like a joke. They couldn't bear to insult the league founder with a trade for what he is actually worth? Weird enough that he both runs things and plays. Even weirder that he is treated like the best player in the league because of it.

Edit: Read it slightly wrong. Its just an additional 1st round pick in 2022 for the college draft, not the number 1 overall this year. Still totally ridiculous.

Really hard to take the league seriously after something like this. Very dissapointing.

Really hard to take the league seriously after something like this. Very dissapointing.
Exactly. And that 1st round pick could easily be one of the highest. They could be getting freaking Chris Gray or close to it for washed Paul Rabil.

Don't agree with this and quite frankly find Kyle hard to follow sometimes, but its one take on things:

Don't agree with this and quite frankly find Kyle hard to follow sometimes, but its one take on things:

Lol and I was just starting to like the guy! Getting him over to the Cannons is totally fine. Visibility, narrative, whatever, go nuts. Getting him over there for a Chris Gray/Matt Moore type elite player in 2022 is just a complete mockery of the fact that these teams are competing against each other. Is that competition not more important than any sort of narrative? It is the league that needs to grow up.

Oh well. I still like Kyle's in-game takes/analysis.

You took it seriously before?

Haha, i guess shame on me for that. I did have high hopes that things would be run more professionally than they were in the MLL. The MLL had some really bad trades and drafts that didn't make sense, but that was mostly due to location restrictions for the players. You couldn't have guys working in NYC and expect them to play in LA or San Francisco every weekend for a tiny payday.

This is different as geography won't decide who plays where. This move just helps sooth Rabil's ego.

Galloway and White (Chrome) and Salcido (Chaos) each protected by their respective teams ahead of the expansion draft.

Haha, i guess shame on me for that. I did have high hopes that things would be run more professionally than they were in the MLL. The MLL had some really bad trades and drafts that didn't make sense, but that was mostly due to location restrictions for the players. You couldn't have guys working in NYC and expect them to play in LA or San Francisco every weekend for a tiny payday.

This is different as geography won't decide who plays where. This move just helps sooth Rabil's ego.
I want to take it more seriously, but until Rabil retires as a player, it will be difficult. I appreciate everything he is doing to grow the game, but I do agree with you that a lot of moves have been made to make him look good.

The traveling circus vibe of 2019 didn’t do anything for me, either. I latched onto the Redwoods because my favorite color is green and I played with one of the guys in high school. Those are dumb reasons to pick a favorite team, unless you’re 6 years old. But I had nothing else to go on. The Cuse guys were all spread out.

And don’t get me started about that godforsaken two-point line. I hate it so much.

After looking at the Atlas protected/unprotected list, I’m guessing the real reason Rabil got traded was to prevent him the embarrassment of ending up on the unprotected list.

Whipsnakes
1614623703000.png

Waterdogs
1614623709069.png

Redwoods
1614623714732.png

Chrome
1614623723015.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member