Poaching the MAC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poaching the MAC?

For every Khalil Mack, there's a guy that can't cut it at the FBS level. I get everyone that commits to Syracuse (even PWOs) are diamonds in the rough to the board, but the staff can ill afford to grab just anyone if they're trying to compete in the ACC and make a high tier bowl.
Who said the staff would be taking just anyone? The players mentioned in the article are NFL prospects

Interesting question:

If a players opts out (like Dawson), does he still count against the 85 for this season.

That would give us 6 open slots right now.
Hmm

Who said the staff would be taking just anyone? The players mentioned in the article are NFL prospects
Yeah, the question isn't MAC or not, the question is whether it's a guy that can help/perform better than players currently on the roster.

Please. We need to move on from MAC level talent.

You are talking about seniors and some of the best talent in the MAC, possible NFL draft guys. I would take 2-3 of the best guys from the Patriot league at Syracuse because they are probably pretty damn good

Transfer and waiver applications approved in the next five weeks?
Bleich would (and should) go postal.

Transfer and waiver applications approved in the five weeks?
Bleich would (and should) go postal.
You would think Bleich's case, whether an initial approval or God forbid but I don't trust the NCAA so it's probably an appeal, goes pretty much to the front of the line with so many conferences not playing in the fall.

Not sure how they'd get people transfered, assimilated, and worked into practice given that camp has already started. But if there are quality prospects out there then I have zero issue with the staff turning over some rocks.

It is asinine to think that some of these players aren't P5 caliber. The MAC has numerous players drafted every year.

Would take him as fast as he ran by our Defense the past 2 years...and you know Babers wanted him out of HS.

although running past a Ward defense isn't all that it is cracked up to be, hell yeah I would love this kid, he is damn fast

The pass rusher from UB would look mighty fine in our rotation.

Not sure how they'd get people transfered, assimilated, and worked into practice given that camp has already started. But if there are quality prospects out there then I have zero issue with the staff turning over some rocks.

It is asinine to think that some of these players aren't P5 caliber. The MAC has numerous players drafted every year.
The kids who play offense from Kent State could probably hit the ground running...

Can we poach anyone from Rutgers and stick to to Schiano?

Adding quality MAC players would be a no brainer. Sure quality BIG players may be better but take whichever is the best we can get. Unused scholarships are doing no good sitting there. You keep a couple for walk ons that deserve them but we need more depth. Considering the concerns that may arise with players needing to sit out due to possible COVID related incidents this would be more important than ever.

The kids who play offense from Kent State could probably hit the ground running...
True. Wouldn't like to do that to Lewis but if the player is going to leave and go somewhere anyway it might as well be us I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom