Points of Emphasis - Cuse 2014 | Syracusefan.com

Points of Emphasis - Cuse 2014

WoodyUK

Lax Maven
Everyone knows about the trouble we've had with Face-offs, it’s been well documented and to be perfectly honest if the recruiting we have done in this area doesn’t resolve this I don’t know what will!.
It is so surprising with the high profile recruits we have brought in in the last few years (including this recruiting class) we end up playing a walk on against Iroquois so raw and under the radar that Desko doesn’t even know his surname!!! it made me laugh!

What I want to discuss is the 2nd line midfield and Defence. Everyone knew that the 2013/2014 season would be a transition year after losing a freak athlete and born leader in Megill and the hugely underrated Hamlin, the injury to the beast like Mullins only compounded the issue!

I guess rather than scratching their heads it gives the coaching staff a chance to re-evaluate the Defence and LSM position as a whole unit rather than picking a player for one spot as we did in 12/13.

LSM has been an issue since Joel left (hard shoes to fill) and I’d like to see a flashy dynamic athlete at this position again!

Picks

Def:
1.Mullins if 100% will slot straight in
2.Harris I think should be down low this year.
3.Young - Started after coming from nowhere in the JHU game last year.
3.Palasek - Is he still at SU, will his Suspension ever be lifted, he had a great performance against
Rutgers last year!
4.Vehar & McDermott & Tait - All experienced players and know the packages.
5.Vella - OCC transfer is he on the roster?

LSM:
1.Macartney - Has played well but not over impressed in the last two seasons.
2.Manning - The OCC transfers clock is ticking so had to play in scrimmages
3.Firman - where was he is the scrimmage? redshirt?
4.Messina - Is he still playing pole this year?

2nd Line Midfield (Offense):
Evans - I’m not over hyping this kid but he won’t be at the 2nd mid line for long!
McGinley - Seems like he has come in ready to play the coaching staff seem high on this kid
J.T Forkin - UA All American - solid player
Gillis - What happened to this kid, this time last year Desko said he would play and spoke about him
in the same terms as McGinley has been this fall.
Walters - can stretch a Def and hope to see him get playing time (not just on EMO).
(Dylan) Maltz - Version 2 of the Maltz siblings scored 2 in teh scrimmage he is a highly skilled player.
DeJoe - See above
Hatem - Scored a nice rip on the run in the Scrimmage!
Tomm Grimm - Also scored in the scrimmage and saw time a SSDM last year.
Nick Weston

Give me your thoughts! lots of unknowns at this time of year but it’s great to think about the talent we have in this huge roster!

Somebody said that they saw Palasek at practice, but I couldn't find him in any of the pictures from the scrimmages unless he changed numbers (most of the pics were of SU on offense anyways). The boxscores didn't show any defensive stats.

We weren't sure if Vella was enrolling in the Fall or next January.

The only true frosh to play were Evans, McGinley, and DyMaltz. Firman might be a redshirt candidate.

Daddio, Paduda and Demarco were unavailable either due to injury or other "undisclosed reasons". Burr transferred to Boston U.

Last edited:
I missed someone I noticed that Jeff Desko #19 played quite a lot in the scrimmages!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom