Poll: Carrier Dome or The Dome

How do you refer to the building where SU plays?

• The Dome

Votes: 161 91.0%
  • The Carrier Dome

Votes: 16 9.0%

• Total voters

JoeySimz

2018 Cali Winner: Interceptions
Not debating the naming rights controversy. Just wondering how commonly we use these names.

I grew up referring to the building where SU plays as “The Dome”. It seems to me that most New Yorkers choose simply “The Dome” in casual conversation whereas “Carrier Dome” is used in tv and print.

What do you say?
“Hey are you going up to “......” for the big game tomorrow?”

sufandu

All American
I probably say Carrier Dome to people that are not SU fans or from CNY and The Dome to CNYers. Saying "The Dome" to outsiders and expecting them to immediately think of ours would be pretty arrogant. Kind of how Tennessee fans think they are the only UT or that USC is automatically the University of South Carolina instead the University of Southern California.

FAL

Hall of Fame
I’m not sure, but whenever discussing buying a beverage at the concession stand there, I ALWAYS refer to it as Carrier Dome Foam, don’t you?

OttoMets

Living Legend
I wonder if SU would now censor Arinze Onuaku when he raps "Carrier Dome we got some unfinished business..."

Actually, it might be best for everyone to just forget about that song.

All4SU

Hall of Fame
I probably say Carrier Dome to people that are not SU fans or from CNY and The Dome to CNYers. Saying "The Dome" to outsiders and expecting them to immediately think of ours would be pretty arrogant. Kind of how Tennessee fans think they are the only UT or that USC is automatically the University of South Carolina instead the University of Southern California.
Agreed. I probably only use “Carrier” when speaking with people outside of CNY.

Eric15

Living Legend
Like basically every other SU fan, I just say The Dome. But I have to be honest, losing the name Carrier is saddening to me for nostalgia/branding purposes.

FRANKIEFAN

Starter
This thread is pretty dumb everyone trying to convince each other they never use Carrier when referring to the Dome when that’s been it’s name forever.

Most people do just say the Dome but still.

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Not debating the naming rights controversy. Just wondering how commonly we use these names.

I grew up referring to the building where SU plays as “The Dome”. It seems to me that most New Yorkers choose simply “The Dome” in casual conversation whereas “Carrier Dome” is used in tv and print.

What do you say?
“Hey are you going up to “...” for the big game tomorrow?”
The Dome.

Need to create some leverage to extract much needed naming rights funds.

DeGrozz

All Conference
I’ve been calling it the Syracuse University Dome since the 90’s.

(SU contract litigation team, please DM me for my payment information)

bballbeadle

I’m a girl!
I have said both. I shall endeavor to be more politically correct in future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom