Poll Question: Which would draw more people? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Poll Question: Which would draw more people?

Who would draw more if we played @home Saturday

• WVU

• VTech

• clemson

• Typical top 10 FSU

Results are only viewable after voting.
even with a pretty weak schedule on 10-27, I can't see Gameday coming to SU, unless NC State is undefeated, meaning they win at Clemson. Even then, it could be Texas at Oklahoma State if both of those teams are ranked. Florida at Georgia has to be a no go since it's a CBS game.
Texas is going to lose to Oklahoma this week most likely.
Florida has LSU this week.
If both of those teams lose.
NC State 5-1 at Syracuse 6-1 is 2 top 25 teams.
Gameday likes going to new venues.
Syracuse definitely is a top contender.

The other game to watch is Washington at Cal.
We need Cal to lose another game but first venue Syracuse over Berkeley is a contender.

West Virginia with over a third of votes. Hope we see them in a bowl in the carolinas/somewhere near

The underlying assumption seems to be there is some sort of residual interest in playing teams that we played a lot (like WVU) or teams that we had short, bitter rivalries with (VT).

I don't think either one of these is true. Memories are too short.

History suggests that teams the fans haven't seen before but are aware of (that have historical high profiles) like Nebraska are very good draws.

I wouldn't schedule WVU OOC. They are too good.

The underlying assumption seems to be there is some sort of residual interest in playing teams that we played a lot (like WVU) or teams that we had short, bitter rivalries with (VT).

I don't think either one of these is true. Memories are too short.

History suggests that teams the fans haven't seen before but are aware of (that have historical high profiles) like Nebraska are very good draws.

I wouldn't schedule WVU OOC. They are too good.
Neither would I, even though rutgers/maryland/etc are unsexy and boring.. gotta take the easy and should be ooc wins.

even with a pretty weak schedule on 10-27, I can't see Gameday coming to SU, unless NC State is undefeated, meaning they win at Clemson. Even then, it could be Texas at Oklahoma State if both of those teams are ranked. Florida at Georgia has to be a no go since it's a CBS game.

I think Texas and Oklahoma State would have to win out to be considered a better matchup. If Cuse vs NCState happens and both teams only loss is at Clemson we will both be ranked and Dungey vs Finley is must watch TV. Texas is definitely not beating Oklahoma imo and OSU hasn't looked good enough to count their next two as guaranteed wins. I think they both have two losses when they match up on the 27th.

If we don't get Gameday for NCState, I could see Cuse vs ND happening if Cuse goes into that game 9-1 and ND is still a zero or one loss team.

I think Texas and Oklahoma State would have to win out to be considered a better matchup. If Cuse vs NCState happens and both teams only loss is at Clemson we will both be ranked and Dungey vs Finley is must watch TV. Texas is definitely not beating Oklahoma imo and OSU hasn't looked good enough to count their next two as guaranteed wins. I think they both have two losses when they match up on the 27th.

If we don't get Gameday for NCState, I could see Cuse vs ND happening if Cuse goes into that game 9-1 and ND is still a zero or one loss team.

Your best bet would be in NYC vs Notre Dame if you both win out by that date. Gameday always likes to pull weird acts though if it isn't an SEC game. Two years ago we thought for sure they were coming to Boulder for the Washington State game as both teams were top 20 and only had 1 conference loss between the two at the time. Gameday decided to go to friggin' Fargo that day for North Dakota State.

Your best bet would be in NYC vs Notre Dame if you both win out by that date. Gameday always likes to pull weird acts though if it isn't an SEC game. Two years ago we thought for sure they were coming to Boulder for the Washington State game as both teams were top 20 and only had 1 conference loss between the two at the time. Gameday decided to go to friggin' Fargo that day for North Dakota State.
Yep. If it's not one of the traditional elites that they push from the beginning of the season, they try to find something unique to do.

Our best bet at gameday is to win out and look impressive to start the year next year. Then we'd have a legitimate shot when Clemson comes to town.

lest we forget?
screen-shot-2014-10-18-at-11-06-04-pm.png

west-virginia-burning-couch.jpg

The meth smoking second cousin is finally gone, and y'all want to invite that "Bag o' Crazy" back? Why in gods name would anyone want to invite the couch-burners back into our lives? I'd rather have Rutgers...
Second dude’s soft - look at the lean away from the fire... weak sauce.

Plain and simple. I gotta have me more Clemson. Unfinished business and new rivalry