POLL: Schedule Yukon Again? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

POLL: Schedule Yukon Again?

Schedule Yukon Again?

• Total voters
No thanks, I voted no. I remember that beat down I sat thru in the pouring rain at the Rent and I dont ever want to help them at anything...ever

or Gillette? Has a college game ever been played there?

Let those softballs got in hell !! I'm actually pissed the got back into the big East..i always made time to watch them play in the aac..loosing to Tulsa Tulane ecu etc warned my heart ..ughh gonna miss that

We should schedule 1-0-1 series with them, where the schools play in Syracuse and then the schools play a neutral game (like in Yankee Stadium or Fenway). It would work really well for both schools.

The neutral game would give a connection to both school’s Boston/NYC alums/donors.

It would give UConn football nostalgia/a meaningful game in the northeast.

It would give Syracuse the equivalent of a 3-1 (counting homes games as 1 and neutral games as 0.5, it would be 1.5-0.5, which is the same as 3-1) - all without costing SU *any* home FB games (we might even get cut of the neutral site TV rights above and beyond ACC payouts). UConn would also be a very easily winnable game against a school that will always have an interesting storyline (we have an institutional hatred of UConn, and they’re jealous of us).

*It might also be worth throwing the women’s BB team a bone and getting a 1-1 series against UConn out of it.

Why help them at all? We need for them to sink like a stone.
The two things UConn football is best at doing are stinking and sinking. Fear not. No amount of our help will save them.

Under absolutely no CIRCUMSTANCES should UConn ever get a 1-1 in football again.
JW has to know that the fanbase position on this. Now instead of playing Western Michigan 1-1 if UConn will do a 2 for 1 we should do it.

That or nothing.

Back around when Flutie was still playing and BC suddenly had a decent fan base, Syracuse played BC in Foxborough at least once. I know i saw SU play BC there and am almost 100% sure Doug was their QB for that game.

Back around when Flutie was still playing and BC suddenly had a decent fan base, Syracuse played BC in Foxborough at least once. I know i saw SU play BC there and am almost 100% sure Doug was their QB for that game.

Nov 17, 1984. Game was at Foxboro.

Nov 17, 1984. Game was at Foxboro.
It was in Foxborough, but it wasn't played at Gillette. The game was played at Sullivan Stadium (formerly Schaefer Stadium), which was razed in 2002 after Gillette Stadium was built.

FBS independent - no.

FBS MAC - 2 or 3 for 1.

FCS - sure. All Dome.

Why would we agree to EVER play at the Rent again?
I see zero value in that.
If we ever play them, it should be 2 games at the Dome, and 1 game at Giants Stadium.

The largest single bet I have ever made was on that game and I won it by half a pt.

I never want to watch an SU football game at a baseball stadium ever again. I'd rather play UConn in the parking lot of a CNY Wegman's than play it at Yankee Stadium.
I hear you...but MetLife is too big.

no games at U Conn, don't even want to do a neutral game. Dome only. The way I figure it, they are a slam dunk win, giving them a check will only prolong their agony as a football program, instead of having mercy and letting them die quickly. Also, if he is even around for much longer, it is priceless to see Edsall and his smug/arrogant/chip on the shoulder attitude get smacked around.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom