Pollack: Syracuse is a bad team | Syracusefan.com

Pollack: Syracuse is a bad team

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
OK, he didn't say that exactly.
The direct quote: "Louisville lost to some bad teams."

Louisville only lost to Syracuse and Yukon.

OK, he didn't say that exactly.
The direct quote: "Louisville lost to some bad teams."

Louisville only lost to Syracuse and Yukon.

Pollack should know bad, he is very close to it.

His comments before the game:

Several analysts, including David Pollack of ESPN, said that Florida had a resume that compared with No. 2 Alabama, which will play Notre Dame in the BCS championship game. Pollack called the Big East, "absolutely terrible."

What they said:
  • Louisville coach Charlie Strong*, to ESPN following the game: "[ESPN analyst David] Pollack got us fired up earlier today, when he said it was going to be a 15-point game in their favor and it was gonna feel like a 30-point game. And then he said our defense hasn't played well all year. So this is for him."
*=Any comment Strong makes needs to be taken with a grain of salt, as he is a liar, liar, pants on fire.

UL also apparently traveled extremely well for the game. The ACC has to be thrilled with the reinforcements coming in to rescue their flondering conference. I suggest we call it the Big ACC or the ACC East from this point forward.

Pollack should know bad, he is very close to it.

His comments before the game:

Several analysts, including David Pollack of ESPN, said that Florida had a resume that compared with No. 2 Alabama, which will play Notre Dame in the BCS championship game. Pollack called the Big East, "absolutely terrible."

What they said:
  • Louisville coach Charlie Strong*, to ESPN following the game: "[ESPN analyst David] Pollack got us fired up earlier today, when he said it was going to be a 15-point game in their favor and it was gonna feel like a 30-point game. And then he said our defense hasn't played well all year. So this is for him."
*=Any comment Strong makes needs to be taken with a grain of salt, as he is a liar, liar, pants on fire.

UL also apparently traveled extremely well for the game. The ACC has to be thrilled with the reinforcements coming in to rescue their flondering conference. I suggest we call it the Big ACC or the ACC East from this point forward.
Listening on the way home from work they said the fans in the stadium were at least 2-1 Lville.

Va Tech beat Rutgers
Clemson beat LSU
Syracuse beat WVU
Louisville beat Florida
Ga Tech beat USC
FSU wins Orange Bowl

Ahem media, maybe we should revisit the whole "The ACC isnt a good football conference" thing.

David Pollack is an idiot. If LVille lost to some bad "teams" and not "team (UConn), then that means UF is a joke. We destroyed LVille and LVille beat up UF. Funny how all this works out.

I wish so bad that our 2012 opener against NW was next week. Would love to replay this season.

Pollack is an idiot. Can't stand the guy.

I don't even know who this Pollack guy is. I guess that alone says something.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He was a three time first team All-American at UGA from 2002-2004 and selected 17th overall in the 2005 draft by Cincinnati. His career was shortened when he broke a vertebrae making a tackle in 2006. He was pretty good.

Pollack was an incredible D-end/linebacker at Georgia, got drafted in the first round by Cinci (I think?) then really early in his career broke his neck and was forced to retire. Reminds me of Andy Katzenmoyer.

Looks like 2 people beat me too it...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

1 of the best d lineman of the early 2000's. if you actually dont know who he is, that may be something on you...

he as an announcer... horrible. i had to deal with him on my afternoon drive for 2 years. his sidekick, mike bell is awesome. pollack singly handidly caused me to turn the dial until he went to ESPN. still no clue why they hired him.

He's a former Bulldog I believe.
He's a former Bulldog I believe.

What a surprise that is. Honestly one of the biggest problems with ESPN or the like is the conference honks they hire. The bias is just so incredibly blatant and people that really don't pay attention really think these guys know what they are talking about. Seriously somebody tell me where these tough SEC defenses were during the bowl games? LSU yes and maybe...just maybe Bama but it's just crazy the constant hyping this conference gets.

1 of the best d lineman of the early 2000's. if you actually dont know who he is, that may be something on you...

he as an announcer... horrible. i had to deal with him on my afternoon drive for 2 years. his sidekick, mike bell is awesome. pollack singly handidly caused me to turn the dial until he went to ESPN. still no clue why they hired him.

I find that the best players are often the worst analysts or coaches.

What a surprise that is. Honestly one of the biggest problems with ESPN or the like is the conference honks they hire. The bias is just so incredibly blatant and people that really don't pay attention really think these guys know what they are talking about. Seriously somebody tell me where these tough SEC defenses were during the bowl games? LSU yes and maybe...just maybe Bama but it's just crazy the constant hyping this conference gets.
Six straight BCS National Champions will do that.

Being "selected" to always be one of the teams teams will as well and let's not forget picking two last year.

And if Pitt had made a kick in OT...we would've been force fed UF vs Bama

An 8 team playoff can't get here soon enough...yes, I've changed my opinion on that.

And if Pitt had made a kick in OT...we would've been force fed UF vs Bama

An 8 team playoff can't get here soon enough...yes, I've changed my opinion on that.

You're not kidding and this is what bothers me to no end, it's like saying hey, a Democrat has won half the elections since 2000. 8 conference games and 14 teams and believe me, that is why the ACC is doing it too, you are avoiding 7 teams from a loss and in this beauty pageant that is the BCS, we SU fans see what happens when you play a full 11 or 12 game hard schedule. We play a true round robin and that has hurt the Big 12 a lot ...Ok St and Kansas St this year. If they replaced Iowa St and Baylor with Lemoyne like the SEC does they would have both been undefeated.

he as an announcer... horrible. i had to deal with him on my afternoon drive for 2 years. his sidekick, mike bell is awesome.
There are other stations in town.

still no clue why they hired him.
He's a pretty boy. Although married, he went well (on screen) with Erin Andrews.

Now that I am reminded of him as a football player, I do remember him. But I was thinking in terms of a media guy and not noticing the first name. I don't know if I ever have noticed him on a game.

Now that I am reminded of him as a football player, I do remember him. But I was thinking in terms of a media guy and not noticing the first name. I don't know if I ever have noticed him on a game.

Yeah, i've seen him a few times. I think he's usually on with Rece & Palmer.

There are other stations in town.

He's a pretty boy. Although married, he went well (on screen) with Erin Andrews.

I wasnt a Buck and Kincade guy (at the time their rivals). I hate Buck's southern drawl and i hate Kincades gottliebesque demeanor.

I do like Chuck and Chernoff a lot though (although Chuck has a southern twang too...)

My wife thinks he is a pretty boy too... I just dont see it. He looks like a goof ball to me with his new skinny body when he has the big bone characteristics. Just doesn't look natural to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom