Polls (3/20/23): Media NR / Coaches NR | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (3/20/23): Media NR / Coaches NR

Who are you putting at #20?
again i gave five possibilities already. umass, marquette, air force, drexel, michigan. all five of them have better records and at least one win that's better than what pton or cuse have.

umass is 4-3, has a win over army (better than any of princeton or syracuse's wins), and their only losses are to rutgers, yale, and BU...all top 20 teams

again i gave five possibilities already. umass, marquette, air force, drexel, michigan. all five of them have better records and at least one win that's better than what pton or cuse have.

umass is 4-3, has a win over army (better than any of princeton or syracuse's wins), and their only losses are to rutgers, yale, and BU...all top 20 teams

I don't think anyone on here is arguing SU should be in the top 20 ( I know I am not) but it's always difficult to place the last few teams. Umass is a good example, the Army win is nice but in the three losses you pointed they were absolutely blasted in 2 of them and scored 5 goals against Rutty this weekend in a 11-5 loss.

Air Force is 5-2 and beat Denver, but got beat pretty badly by OSU (15-7) and Stony Brook (15-8)
Marquette (4-3) did have the nice win over PSU this past weekend, but had been beaten by Bellarmine and Utah and was blown out by ND.
Michigan (4-3) has decent wins over Delaware and Harvard. They played UVa relatively close at the start of the season (17-13), but got blown out by ND on Saturday, 18-8.
I tend to view my rankings as more of a power ranking, so I would go with Syracuse at #20

Just as we benefited from being in the ACC in the past - we usually had at least a .500 ACC record and ACC was best conference - we are now being penalized by being the weakest team in the ACC. I think it is fair to say that we might well be ranked if we were in a weaker conference and had won 2 more games against powder puffs instead of Duke and UNC.

It's arguably biased and maybe unfair but I still prefer to be in the ACC, the best of the best. Only Maryland really qualifies as an equal to the ACC over the past few years. Frankly, I could argue that MD's undefeated record last year was "tainted" by not having to play the ACC 6 times :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom