Polls: AP #22 / Coaches #21 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Polls: AP #22 / Coaches #21

ND is going to be a handful. They are blowing the doors off a good BYU team.
Is BYU good, though?

Wins over USF, Wyoming, Utah State ...

#13 Kentucky losing to South Carolina 17-7 in the 4th. I think we could be as high as #17 tomorrow.

NC St. looking strong on their first drive of the 2nd half.

I know this is off topic, but you have to wonder if Venables is cut out to be a head coach. I know it's early, but he was handed a team with talent, and they have regressed.
It's probably too early to tell, but coaches don't get time to turn over a roster to what they want at places like Oklahoma, so he better get it figured out quickly.

I know this is off topic, but you have to wonder if Venables is cut out to be a head coach. I know it's early, but he was handed a team with talent, and they have regressed.
OU lost some offensive players and recruits who followed Lincoln, if I recall. That said, there was enough remaining talent to be at least decent.

how many of the 2 loss teams can stay in there..

I have to think we pass Utah/Kent/BYU/Kansas/Wash in the AP. I could see Miss st passing us. NC st moves up to 12. Maybe UCLA jumps up that high.

17-18 is probably our ceiling

how many of the 2 loss teams can stay in there..

I have to think we pass Utah/Kent/BYU/Kansas/Wash in the AP. I could see Miss st passing us. NC st moves up to 12. Maybe UCLA jumps up that high.

17-18 is probably our ceiling
I was thinking 18 was where we will land. I think NCST moves up to 11 or 12.

OU lost some offensive players and recruits who followed Lincoln, if I recall. That said, there was enough remaining talent to be at least decent.
Yeah, losing the QB was big for sure.

Purdue winning yesterday helps us a bit.

BL: we need to get to 6 wins first (and not against BC please...my emotional well being can't handle that)

Anything after 6 wins is gravy. Worse case we need 2022 to set the baseline. Fun times to be a native 315er.

Why not? I watched plenty of teams yesterday and we aren’t any different than the majority of them.
That's fair, and it's probably my own PTSD as a fan.

When I see a number like 12 though and ask myself, are there really only 10 or 11 teams better than us? I don't know, there's a mental jump there.

That's fair, and it's probably my own PTSD as a fan.

When I see a number like 12 though and ask myself, are there really only 10 or 11 teams better than us? I don't know, there's a mental jump there.

The 12 was NCSt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom