Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Javon Small - Oklahoma St. - 6-3, 195
This past season he averaged 15.1 points, 4.1 assists, 4.7 rebounds while shooting 44.1% from the field, including 37.4% from three.

Aidan Mahaney - Saint Mary's - 6-3, 180
More of a combo guard who averaged 13.9 PPG shooting 38.6% from the field and 35.5% from three.

Devion Smith - Utah - 6-0, 173
One year of eligibility. Averaged 13.3 points, 7.1 assists, 6.3 rebounds while shooting 40.8% from three.

Dallin Hall - South Florida - 6-4, 200
He averaged 9.0 points, 5.1 assists, and shot 35.9 percent from deep this season.

AJ Hoggard is a big PG who is now available as a grad transfer as mentioned above.

And of course there is Kadary (but we know isn't a 3 point shooter). I'd also still be intrigued with DJ Wagner (shot needs work).
Rumor is Wagner is between Arkansas (Calipari) and USC (I heard his gf is an athlete there).

Meh. Too redundant with Carlos. There’s a reason Posh’s teams are never any good.
I agree but it doesn’t seem they are in on Mitchell, Smith or any of the other top shelf PGs left in the portal.

I was just about to say… what about BJ Freeman or Javon Small? Both seem ideal. Arizona State seems like an awful choice for Freeman. What about Hoggard, Posh Alexander or D. Claude from Xavier?

I was just about to say… what about BJ Freeman or Javon Small? Both seem ideal. Arizona State seems like an awful choice for Freeman. What about Hoggard, Posh Alexander or D. Claude from Xavier?

Hopefully we'll get someone decent.

If we're stuck starting Carlos, it will be like Jesse/McLeod situation last year... Replace the leaving starter with a backup...

Wouldn't be a good look for Red with a full season behind him.

Hopefully we'll get someone decent.

If we're stuck starting Carlos, it will be like Jesse/McLeod situation last year... Replace the leaving starter with a backup...

Wouldn't be a good look for Red with a full season behind him.

We’ve got 3 roster spots still open- to not address he position aggressively would be amateur hour. Just don’t see that happening with Red

We’ve got 3 roster spots still open- to not address he position aggressively would be amateur hour. Just don’t see that happening with Red

I have no doubt we'll get players in to fill the spots... I guess the question is will they be what we need or just who we could get??

Seeing Creighton get a guy like Pop Isaacs is just annoying to see. There’s no way Creighton has more NIL than us. And there should be no way that programs like Creighton, Xavier, Butler and Providence should have more success than us.

Seeing Creighton get a guy like Pop Isaacs is just annoying to see. There’s no way Creighton has more NIL than us. And there should be no way that programs like Creighton, Xavier, Butler and Providence should have more success than us.
They can have Isaacs. He’s a horribly inefficient offensive player.

Well, I hope for Red’s sake our PG next year is better than Junior year Copeland, or else a lot of fans will give Red a hard time, regardless of what’s said on here about him.

Well, I hope for Red’s sake our PG next year is better than Junior year Copeland, or else a lot of fans will give Red a hard time, regardless of what’s said on here about him.
There may be no Junior year Copeland anywhere if rumors of him not going to class are true.

Javon Small - Oklahoma St. - 6-3, 195
This past season he averaged 15.1 points, 4.1 assists, 4.7 rebounds while shooting 44.1% from the field, including 37.4% from three.

Aidan Mahaney - Saint Mary's - 6-3, 180
More of a combo guard who averaged 13.9 PPG shooting 38.6% from the field and 35.5% from three.

Devion Smith - Utah - 6-0, 173
One year of eligibility. Averaged 13.3 points, 7.1 assists, 6.3 rebounds while shooting 40.8% from three.

Dallin Hall - South Florida - 6-4, 200
He averaged 9.0 points, 5.1 assists, and shot 35.9 percent from deep this season.

AJ Hoggard is a big PG who is now available as a grad transfer as mentioned above.

And of course there is Kadary (but we know isn't a 3 point shooter). I'd also still be intrigued with DJ Wagner (shot needs work).
You do realize that all of these individuals - with the possible exception of the USF kid - will command much more than the kid we were going after, right?

There may be no Junior year Copeland anywhere if rumors of him not going to class are true.
Wonder if he’s taking classes somewhere to try to catch up, if it’s true. Not any noise from the portal about him.

You do realize that all of these individuals - with the possible exception of the USF kid - will command much more than the kid we were going after, right?
Yes. Yes, I do. So maybe we allot more NIL for one of the said players. Dakota was our choice one. Miss. Reassess and move on...