Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

He averaged 1 3 made and 2 FTs made a game last year.

No, it's not good enough for a serious tourney team. It's fine for where I expect we will be.
One, he hit 90% of his free throws. I don't care how many he took per game. 90% is 90%. Second, I don't expect that he will be a volume 3 pt shooter for us. But he will probably be a lot better than what we had shooting them from the pt last year. The coaches watched a ton of film on the guys that we brought in. It might be like the line from Miracle. Herb Brooks didn't want the best guys. He wanted the right guys. We aren't going to be a great Syracuse team next year. I don't expect that. I am hoping for a better team. One that is enjoyable to watch. One that will be safely in the tournament on selection Sunday. I think we can be all of that. I hope we can. I won't spend the next months worrying about what we don't have. People look at last years and tie that to where we are now and that isn't fair. This is a new coach with a new system. Quite frankly, he was stuck with a group of misfits last year. And others that were playing out of position and weren't good enough. I'm going to give this guy a fair chance to do what he wants done as coach.
He averaged 1 3 made and 2 FTs made a game last year.

No, it's not good enough for a serious tourney team. It's fine for where I expect we will be.

One, he hit 90% of his free throws. I don't care how many he took per game. 90% is 90%. Second, I don't expect that he will be a volume 3 pt shooter for us. But he will probably be a lot better than what we had shooting them from the pt last year. The coaches watched a ton of film on the guys that we brought in. It might be like the line from Miracle. herb Brooks didn't want the best guys. He wanted the right guys. We aren't going to be a great Syracuse team next year. I don't expect that. I am hoping for a better team. One that is enjoyable to watch. one that will be safely in the tournament on selection Sunday. I think we can be all of that. I hope we can. I won't spend the next months worrying about what we don't have. People look at the last years and tie that to where we are now and that isn't fair. This is a new coach with a new system. Quite frankly, he was stuck with a group of misfits last year. And others that were playing out of position and weren't good enough. I'm going to give this guy a fair chance to do waht ehwants done as coach.

Nothing I posted suggested anything different than what you just said. Stop getting emotional and read what I wrote.

Nothing I posted suggested anything different than what you just said. Stop getting emotional and read what I wrote.
I'm not emotional. You don't know me well enough for that. And I don't care enough about your opinion to get emotional. You are entitled to your opinion. I just think there is way too much whing here about what we have or don't have. I'm willing to see before I complain. And I did read what you said. You wrote that we aren';t going to be a serious tournament team. I don't know that. The coaches sure don't know that.

I'm not emotional. You don't know me well enough for that. And I don't care enough about your opinion to get emotional. You are entitled to your opinion. I just think there is way too much whing here about what we have or don't have. I'm willing to see before I complain.
What’s my opinion again?

Can you restate my opinion that you got all emotional about?

Was it “the odds he’s a world beater are slim”? That was the opinion that is considered whining?

While JJ and Bell were both average to below average starters this year, they did make pretty big strides from the previous season where they were 2 of the worst starters in the league. If they make the same improvement next season, I think we'll be more than okay. Its far from a guarantee but given the strides they made this year I think it could happen. Add the wildcard of Chance and I see a path where this could be a surprisingly good team if things break right.

What’s my opinion again?

Can you restate my opinion that you got all emotional about?

Was it “the odds he’s a world beater are slim”? That was the opinion that is considered whining?
LOL Too funny. Who is getting emotional again? You have been whining for ages now. You aren't alone here. But it gets old. And you are free to put me on ignore if I'm too emotional for you.

LOL Too funny. Who is getting emotional again? You have been whining for ages now. You aren't alone here. But it gets old. And you are free to put me on ignore if I'm too emotional for you.
“We aren't going to be a great Syracuse team next year.” - A non emotional man not whining.

“We aren't going to be a great Syracuse team next year.” - A non emotional man not whining.
Your point? LOL But that doesn't mean that we can't win 23 games and be safely in the tournament and a threat to win any game we play. Do you agree with that or are we lucky to win 20 and are most likely on the outside looking in? Either might end up being true. I perfer to let it all play out.

The always sunshine and rainbow guys are just as annoying and the sky is falling and will never get better guys. Both sides repeat the same thing over and over again. One side whatever happens it is the best and greatest and on the other side no matter what we do it isn't enough.

The always sunshine and rainbow guys are just as annoying and the sky is falling and will never get better guys. Both sides repeat the same thing over and over again. One side whatever happens it is the best and greatest and on the other side no matter what we do it isn't enough.
Who here is saying rainbows and sunshine? The people that aren't whining have lived through the last 8 years just like the doom and gloomers. No one here is saying that it is the best and the greatest. That just isn't true.

Your point? LOL But that doesn't mean that we can't win 23 games and be safely in the tournament and a threat to win any game we play. Do you agree with that or are we lucky to win 20 and are most likely on the outside looking in? Either might end up being true. I perfer to let it all play out.

If you read what I already posted, I said bubble ceiling and I think that’s ok. If we get into the tourney in season 2 of Red, great. If we go sub 500, not great. If we win 23 games and are safely in the tourney, we should give Red an extension.

You think you prefer to let it all play out but if you did you wouldn’t say we won’t be a great team.

Again, nothing posted was negative or doom and gloom. I suggested that expecting Carlos to be a world beater was unrealistic and we wouldn’t be a serious tourney team (meaning ranked through the year, sweet 16,etc) basically what Clemson was this year. I’m honestly confused why saying that is negative while saying “we won’t be a great team” is ok.

If you read what I already posted, I said bubble ceiling and I think that’s ok. If we get into the tourney in season 2 of Red, great. If we go sub 500, not great. If we win 23 games and are safely in the tourney, we should give Red an extension.

You think you prefer to let it all play out but if you did you wouldn’t say we won’t be a great team.

Again, nothing posted was negative or doom and gloom. I suggested that expecting Carlos to be a world beater was unrealistic and we wouldn’t be a serious tourney team (meaning ranked through the year, sweet 16,etc) basically what Clemson was this year. I’m honestly confused why saying that is negative while saying “we won’t be a great team” is ok.
Well we agree. You are confused. I'm not going to play a back and forth game here. I'm just not that interested. I will tell you that I know for a fact, that the coaches like the players they brought in more than the posters on this board. They really like Carlos. I mean, they really like him. I would give you who they compare him to, but I won't. As for why I think they won't be great and how that is different? Pretty clear. Great is ridiculous high to go to. Too many questions to be great. Although they could be. But not too many to be good. Better than bubble.

None of us really know how well next year's team will fit.
But rebounding and defense keep you in games, and we haven't been good at that for a few years.
Next year's team at least has some size that might take care of rebounding.
Defense is a big question.

23-8 is close to what JB did for 40 years. HE averaged 24-8.

We were 23-8 in 2013, were top 10 in KP and ended up a 4 seed and in the FF. Of course 23 wins in that BE was a lot different than 23 wins in this ACC.

UVA was 22-9(23-10 after ACCT) this year and was a 10 seed. We could be on the bubble with as bad the ACC has been at 23 wins.

23-8 is close to what JB did for 40 years. HE averaged 24-8.

We were 23-8 in 2013, were top 10 in KP and ended up a 4 seed and in the FF. Of course 23 wins in that BE was a lot different than 23 wins in this ACC.

UVA was 22-9(23-10 after ACCT) this year and was a 10 seed. We could be on the bubble with as bad the ACC has been at 23 wins.
UVA was I would say safely in the tournament. There wasn't any talk that they would be left out. I have no idea where 23-8 would place us next year. The year hasn't been played yet. But I suggest we would be safely in.

UVA was I would say safely in the tournament. There wasn't any talk that they would be left out. I have no idea where 23-8 would place us next year. The year hasn't been played yet. But I suggest we would be safely in.
OOfff...There sure was and they played in Dayton. That's not safely in. We were more safely in the field in 2016.

OOfff...There sure was and they played in Dayton. That's not safely in. We were more safely in the field in 2016.
That was because they had the 10's play in the play in game which I didn't really get.

That was because they had the 10's play in the play in game which I didn't really get.
They were the 2nd to last at large team. Only Colorado State was behind them.

They were the 2nd to last at large team. Only Colorado State was behind them.
Most of their good wins were early as I recall. Wouldn't surprise me to see them fall back as time goes on.

Most of their good wins were early as I recall. Wouldn't surprise me to see them fall back as time goes on.
They signed TJ Power. I was disappointed we didn’t even look at him.

They signed TJ Power. I was disappointed we didn’t even look at him.
The problem was, we really couldn't offer him a starting spot. He wasn't going to play the 5 for us and we have Freeman slated at the 4.