Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Heres what I know regarding Malik Mack:

We've been working on him from the jump specifically Straughn. The kid wants a lot of money and other schools were throwing more at him than we were.

Now, I believe a certain donor is trying to get involved here to potentially aid in getting this money to him. Georgetown is still heavily in the mix here and so his another school with deep pockets (and known for their academics). They also both have ties to him just as we do.

Still think a long way to go here but we are trying.
Yeah another Tweet out there mentioned Georgetown and Duke. I don’t think it’s a coincidence the SU connections he recently followed though.

We've been working on him from the jump specifically Straughn. The kid wants a lot of money and other schools were throwing more at him than we were.

Now, I believe a certain donor is trying to get involved here to potentially aid in getting this money to him. Georgetown is still heavily in the mix here and so his another school with deep pockets (and known for their academics). They also both have ties to him just as we do.

So Georgetown, Syracuse and Northwestern(Or Duke) I'd presume.

This thread is a bit funny. Literally some here would complain if were bringing in prime Allen Iverson FFS. Newsflash there is no perfect PG in the portal. Red and staff are trying to make the team better and that's all that matters. Give Red and staff a chance to do what he needs to do.

What’s the connection to Vanderbilt?

This thread is a bit funny. Literally some here would complain if were bringing in prime Allen Iverson FFS. Newsflash there is no perfect PG in the portal. Red and staff are trying to make the team better and that's all that matters. Give Red and staff a chance to do what he needs to do.
Iverson, volume shooter, not a pure point guard.

Pass.

Seems he has to decide what he wants. The most money he can get on a lesser team or a good chunk of money and play for a team that won 20 games last year and play with his burger boy buddy

This thread is a bit funny. Literally some here would complain if we’re bringing in prime Allen Iverson FFS. Newsflash there is no perfect PG in the portal. Red and staff are trying to make the team better and that's all that matters. Give Red and staff a chance to do what he needs to do.
Iverson was really just a small scoring guard. Not a take for some.

I unironically think in terms of his NBA career, he'd be looked at very differently if he was putting up the same exact numbers in today's era. His scoring efficiency would not fly with some analysts/coaches.

Having said that, I think there's a gigantic gap between Allen freaking Iverson and (insert small school player with minimal PG experience here).

The whole portal/NIL thing is really more entertaining than actually
watching the games play out during the season. The gnashing of
teeth, the sweaty palms, the ongoing speculation of who is
going and who is coming. This is HIGH DRAMA at it's best!!
And we get to be part of the action and don't have to pay a dime
to watch it all play out.
wouldnt go quite that far...but i as just thinkng earlier today how I like portal season and the speculation etc

...waiting for the news...and wondering...

BUT overall, I still wish it was like it was in the 80s/90s...golden era of the sport, for me, anyway

I find Bell an interesting one. The coaches (first Boeheim, now Red) seem to really believe in him. We did see last year some of the reason for that, shooting the 3 at a 42% clip. I just wish he would contribute more in other ways as well.
both just operate under the assumption that 3pt shooting is a vital necessity to any team...and Bell offers that

both JB and seemingly Red seem willing to look the other way on his deficiencies...

3pt shooting IS a necessity...but there are players who can defend and contirbute to the team who also shoot 3s well...(the ideal)

I unironically think in terms of his NBA career, he'd be looked at very differently if he was putting up the same exact numbers in today's era. His scoring efficiency would not fly with some analysts/coaches.

Having said that, I think there's a gigantic gap between Allen freaking Iverson and (insert small school player with minimal PG experience here).
The #1 pick in 96 draft's offensive efficiency would not work for some coaches? Lol. Whew...that's exactly the kind of laugh I needed this afternoon. Thank you. Intentionally or not you just proved my point. No one thought Wes Johnson would do what he did once he played for SU. Let's just let Red bring in his guys and let's see how the players work together.

Is UVA the other? Curious

Interesting how money magically appears when it means sticking it to Georgetown

I think we need an answer. We can't be left without a guard. So here is the deal Mack. X is our best offer. We want you and hope you take it and want us. But we have to know.

Yeah, final offer is X we are having another guy visit on X date it’s your call.

I think we need an answer. We can't be left without a guard. So here is the deal Mack. X is our best offer. We want you and hope you take it and want us. But we have to know.
Sure. But none of these guys have made decisions, and don't really seem to be in any hurry either.