Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Here’s my issue with Carlos. Why did Hofstra only go 20-13 in the CAA which was good for 3rd place with he, Thomas, and Dubar? I’m not saying he isn’t good, but two guys transferring to power 5’s, another to the NBA, and they can’t even win their conference?
Valid questioning.. But talent doesn't always get the job done. My only issue with Carlos is his size. We've had small guard success here but those guys were special talent. I like Carlos game. He's a true Point guard. I really think he fits this team i'm just a little worried about him defensively. He's got that NYC dawg in him though. Moves a little bit like Jose Alvarado. It's been quiet here so no idea what the current situation is. I think hes waiting on us.

Valid questioning.. But talent doesn't always get the job done. My only issue with Carlos is his size. We've had small guard success here but those guys were special talent. I like Carlos game. He's a true Point guard. I really think he fits this team i'm just a little worried about him defensively. He's got that NYC dawg in him though. Moves a little bit like Jose Alvarado. It's been quiet here so no idea what the current situation is. I think hes waiting on us.
You don’t need to guard him. That’s a problem. We just had a point guard who couldn’t shoot. It’s depressing to watch Georgetown get involved with the best players in the portal and they’ve been horrible fir years.

So we just have to come to terms with what we have become then I guess.
The good part is we are not doomed. Part of being a HC in the NIL era is going out into the community and raising funds yourself. Relationships with donors is extremely important. I think this has to be prioritized more next year.

I hate comparing football and basketball but HCFB did an excellent job at doing exactly this.

You don’t need to guard him. That’s a problem. We just had a point guard who couldn’t shoot. It’s depressing to watch Georgetown get involved with the best players in the portal and they’ve been horrible fir years.
He's not a scoring Point though. He led the conference in assists. He can knock down the 3 a little bit. Better then Judah atleast. Look i'm not sold on Carlos but we need another guard. He doesn't move the needle but he'd be nice for depth.

The good part is we are not doomed. Part of being a HC in the NIL era is going out into the community and raising funds yourself. Relationships with donors is extremely important. I think this has to be prioritized more next year.

I hate comparing football and basketball but HCFB did an excellent job at doing exactly this.
And, he got immediate results. We got Kyle McCord and Fadil Diggs. Those are HUGE names. No offense to any of the guys we've gotten from the portal in basketball, but they aren't names that excite the casual fans.

Hopefully HCFB didn't come in a take all the money away from BBall lol

He's not a scoring Point though. He led the conference in assists. He can knock down the 3 a little bit. Better then Judah atleast. Look i'm not sold on Carlos but we need another guard. He doesn't move the needle but he'd be nice for depth.
We aren’t looking for depth, we need a number one point guard. At this point we have neither.

Hopefully HCFB didn't come in a take all the money away from BBall lol
I’d like to get an annual statement from the collective to see where the money is being dispersed. If they want people to give, we should know who and where the money is going. I don’t need individual player amounts, but how much is going to teams within the university.

Think we can beat out Bonnies for Carlos?

Here’s my issue with Carlos. Why did Hofstra only go 20-13 in the CAA which was good for 3rd place with he, Thomas, and Dubar? I’m not saying he isn’t good, but two guys transferring to power 5’s, another to the NBA, and they can’t even win their conference?
Hofstra basically had no front court presence. They were awful at rebounding. They also only played 6 players. No depth and no rebounding.

Charleston is going to dominate that conference. I believe they have more NIL than the entire rest of the conference combined.

Woah, never thought I'd hear this from you. Seems like people are finally understanding we don't have the money to compete with the big boys.

Just a joke, don't take it personally.
This is going to turn off a lot of fans going forward, especially considering all the recruiting scores happening with Syracuse football. I hope JB is working the phones with all his former players (especially the former NBA and pro guys) and urging them to give to the collectives and pushing NIL donations with businesses around town and urging Weitsman to get off his high horse about the chancellor.

Well hopefully we see a major push for hoops NIL money soon to give us a real shot.
It’ll be a year too late though. Red has to make real progress in the next two years, and I think he can do it if he has some talent. But he needs a good NIL war chest.

Their coach is on the hot seat, very well may get fired and Reynolds could just as well play 32 mins a game starting at SU. Not to mention their NIL is not in the same ballpark.

What does Nelson's scoring record have to do with anything? Ask a kid if he'd rather be the school's all-time scorer on another losing team or a massive NIL payout + top 25 team + a much greater chance at the NBA, they're taking the latter.

It most certainly could happen.
Everything in your first sentence is a joke. Bill Lange is not going to get fired at this point and the NBA knows everyone so him coming to Syracuse would not make him more attractive to them. Also don't under estimate the loyalty and retired number factors. Oh by the way SJ's can competes with us on NIL.

We can start a bottle drive…
Maybe even a cake sale or better still a Let’s put on a musical/talent show and invite all the sports players to participate and make money by charging admission and use the proceeds to bring new players in. Andy Hardy would love this approach.