Post Spring Cuse Football ‘23 Hot Take Thread | Syracusefan.com

Post Spring Cuse Football ‘23 Hot Take Thread

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Alright - get it our of your systems. Its been a week since the spring game.

This is the thread where if you have a feeling, and you’re never wrong, you post it.

First from me - that admittedly has more of a foundation from what I’ve heard from the program - is that LeQuint will develop into a top 100 draft pick calibre RB. He’s never going to be a pro level major blocker, but if he can add some muscle and prove he can be close to an every down back.. this kids got A LOT of talent. He’s going to get a lot of action as a check down and upfield target when Gadsden, Jones and Alford are blanketed. He protects the ball and has great bounce. Love this kids potential.

2nd - Del Rio Wilson beats out Lamson due to his ability to extend plays with his legs. Think Lamson is the better decision maker, but our offense is still at a point where it’s going to rely a lot on dual threats to bail us out imo. CDRW still has the better touch on his deep ball. Plenty to work on though.

3rd - Caleb hits 10 sacks. We have Thompson back, a LOS disruptor in Lockett healthy, and QB threats like Lowery, Jobity, Nolton and Jaquez. Think Caleb has a lot of opportunity to get quality looks off the edge. This will also rely on our corners being serviceable, which I think Johnson’s very solid but Jerry’s got some growing up to do quick. Our safeties imo will be better than last year.

Unofficial prediction right now is 8-4.

This is the thread where if you have a feeling, and you’re never wrong, you post it.

First from me - that admittedly has more of a foundation from what I’ve heard from the program - is that LeQuint will develop into a top 100 draft pick calibre RB. He’s never going to be a pro level major blocker, but if he can add some muscle and prove he can be close to an every down back.. this kids got A LOT of talent. He’s going to get a lot of action as a check down and upfield target when Gadsden, Jones and Alford are blanketed. He protects the ball and has great bounce. Love this kids potential.

2nd - Del Rio Wilson beats out Lamson due to his ability to extend plays with his legs. Think Lamson is the better decision maker, but our offense is still at a point where it’s going to rely a lot on dual threats to bail us out imo. CDRW still has the better touch on his deep ball. Plenty to work on though.

3rd - Caleb hits 10 sacks. We have Thompson back, a LOS disruptor in Lockett healthy, and QB threats like Lowery, Jobity, Nolton and Jaquez. Think Caleb has a lot of opportunity to get quality looks off the edge. This will also rely on our corners being serviceable, which I think Johnson’s very solid but Jerry’s got some growing up to do quick. Our safeties imo will be better than last year.

If Garrett can get through like Eric did in 2018, only minor injuries add 2 games to win total.

I agree except for Lamson. I think he will be number 2.

I think that Lamson wins the position as well as my sense is that we are going to win games via our D and field position more than our O. With that said ball security is going to be key and Carlos is more apt to throw INTs than Lamson.

I think 7-5 or 8-4 as well but I think Lamson will be QB2. Can’t see FSU or NC as wins, Clemson is by far our best shot in that 3 game brutal stretch. Colgate, WMU, Army and BC are locks/close to lock in the case of BC. I think Ga Tech is going to be tougher than people think and thanks to the ACC douches Va Tech is now tougher being Thursday night. Purdue not easy, Pitt always rough especially now at Yankee Stadium. Wake is always solid but I feel good about that one. Tough schedule on paper but I like this team. Guess this isn’t a hot take just a take

There are two obvious areas of weakness, OL and Corner. If they can play at mid level ACC, this is going to be a good team. Through the first 6 games last year, this team was playing at a top 15 level. If the replacements for Bergeron, GWilliams, and Chestnut improve from how those replacements played last year, the ream should be okay.

I think 7-5 or 8-4 as well but I think Lamson will be QB2. Can’t see FSU or NC as wins, Clemson is by far our best shot in that 3 game brutal stretch. Colgate, WMU, Army and BC are locks/close to lock in the case of BC. I think Ga Tech is going to be tougher than people think and thanks to the ACC douches Va Tech is now tougher being Thursday night. Purdue not easy, Pitt always rough especially now at Yankee Stadium. Wake is always solid but I feel good about that one. Tough schedule on paper but I like this team. Guess this isn’t a hot take just a take
VT is train wreck, not worried about them at all, GT is the harder toss up

I agree except for Lamson. I think he will be number 2.
I watched highlights of Lamson from high school and he did take off and run.

I'm cancelling all my season tickets.

The money I save from tickets and parking (and Jeremy's tailgates) will go into an NIL collective so Red can get a decent big and Gait can get a FOGO out of the portal.

Priorities.

The money I save from tickets and parking (and Jeremy's tailgates) will go into an NIL collective so Red can get a decent big and Gait can get a FOGO out of the portal.

Priorities.

Adam? Mr Weitsman?
Dat you? :p

I’m still bearish on CDRW, at times he was throwing passes where there was no one anywhere near the ball. Allen, Price and Escobar all look legit. Our D will be our strength again.

1) the dome WiFi will prove so amazing that SU and Stumpy students will start to do their school work from the dome. They will stay after games and Netflix sleepover Tom Hanks movie marathons.

2) Garrett Shrader will shave his beard and use his surgically repaired right arm to break all time records at Syracuse for completions, passing yards and passing TDs.

3) LaQuint Allen will set a record for most receptions for an SU RB.

4) OG will break records for receiving yards and receiving TDs.

5) Rashard Perry will cause the head of an aging SU football fan to explode when he rips the head off an opposing QB at some point during the season.

6) Syracuse will shock the college football world by winning their last 5 games of the regular season, including a win over Pittsburgh in Yankee Stadium.

I watched highlights of Lamson from high school and he did take off and run.
He can. Just don’t wanna. Definitely not like Garrett though but able to move

Priorities.
Saw Joey Spallina on TV yesterday and just had to roll my eyes. FFFFFF Syracuse! You're doing it wrong.

8- 4 sounds like a great record
That would be great. Getting to a bowl at minimum is crucial. Haven’t done back to back bowls since 2012-2013 which is a joke, especially playing in a conference where you play 4 OOC games meaning you control a third of your scheduling (minus the obligation to play ND every few years). Time to start doing what Wake does, go bowling consistently with fewer resources. And what BC normally has done too