Post Standard on Carter-Williams... | Syracusefan.com

Post Standard on Carter-Williams...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
Nice, now we have to report on people who weren't arrested because they didn't do anything. I hate the Internet.

Here

Well, Waters just summed up the thread from yesterday. Definitely worth putting in a story.
When rumors are spread in an arena where the smallest spark can become a forest fire, you end up having to report on it because it ends up taking on a life of its own.

I don't blame the Post Standard for writing a short article on it (and actually talking to primary sources) I blame idiots on the Internet for posting crap like that, and then idiot sports people for putting it into the mainstream.

It is a nice way to figure out what sports guys actually learned journalism in school, and which just really liked sports. Mike Lindsley, I'm looking at you.

http://instagram.com/p/TDpoVHIzWC/

Does this look MCW?. Hell no !! This is price of success. A very wise man said if people to don’t malice you. You are not relevant.. MCW ball out hey can’t stop you on the court, so they are trying to you stop off of it. This program has taken it lumps but we just go to work!!

Mike's story quoted the original girl who tweeted, then followed that up with questioning of different folks that turned up nothing. Then capped it off with a deleted tweet, that he probably only saw from reading here. Story had nothing that makes me feel he did it being more likely than just a couple people pulling an internet prank and running with it.

You would think someone who really knows the story would be willing to talk to a credible newspaper and not just anonymously on twitter, Facebook, or a message board.

One way or another let's get it over with and move on.

Mike's story quoted the original girl who tweeted, then followed that up with questioning of different folks that turned up nothing. Then capped it off with a deleted tweet, that he probably only saw from reading here. Story had nothing that makes me feel he did it being more likely than just a couple people pulling an internet prank and running with it.

You would think someone who really knows the story would be willing to talk to a credible newspaper and not just anonymously on twitter, Facebook, or a message board.

One way or another let's get it over with and move on.
He also talked to SPD and Lord & Taylor. MCW may have been detained, but obviously it was taken care of to the satisfaction of all involved. That's all that matters. I've been pulled over for going 26 miles an hour over the speed limit (technically a misdemeanor) and the cop let me go with a warning. Same thing here in my mind.

Have totally reversed my position on this one. It would have been a much bigger deal if anything was really out of line/substantial. Also it's been about 24 hours, and that's much longer than my attention span can handle.

He also talked to SPD and Lord & Taylor.
That's who meant by "different folks". Basically, anyone who may be involved and is credible said they weren't contacted or no comment - if this was an issue they could easily make it a story. It's the people who aren't involved that are making this something it doesn't appear to be.

I too have an inside source, and this is what it told me:

suck-it-trebek-shirt%255B1%255D.jpg

I wasn't arrested yesterday either.

Boneyard has been pretty comical

Wow I love the scandal that has been surrounding Syracuse basketball as of late! Oh wait, the NCAA censors the media based on which schools they love.

I live in Syracuse country and they have no problem with stuff getting swept under the rug. Frankly, they get away with it because Boeheim is diplomatic with the right people. Calhoun pretty much pissed everyone off. Boeheim made Syracuse fans out of everyone, including the police, local businesses, politicians and so one. Calhoun was a better coach but he made more enemies.

So here's where we are:

A professional gambler (PayneInsider) is "credited" with spreading the MCW story.

The Post-Standard has made sure everyone knows about the story.

And so far there's absolutely no basis in confirmed fact for even reporting the story.

However, Mike Waters' story is very distressing.
He gets a "no comment" from SU "officials".
Now this sentence could just be bad reporting combined with an unthinking statement from the university.
But "officials" means he spoke with more than one person.
Why?
And why not name them?
Most significantly, why would SU issue a "no comment"?
If there was nothing to the story, why not say so?
A "no comment" very much leaves open the possibility that there's more coming.

Boneyard has been pretty comical

I live in Syracuse country and they have no problem with stuff getting swept under the rug. Frankly, they get away with it because Boeheim is diplomatic with the right people. Calhoun pretty much pissed everyone off. Boeheim made Syracuse fans out of everyone, including the police, local businesses, politicians and so one. Calhoun was a better coach but he made more enemies.

Awesome. Yes, when I think of great diplomats, JB always comes to mind.

So here's where we are:

A professional gambler (PayneInsider) is "credited" with spreading the MCW story.

The Post-Standard has made sure everyone knows about the story.

And so far there's absolutely no basis in confirmed fact for even reporting the story.

However, Mike Waters' story is very distressing.
He gets a "no comment" from SU "officials".
Now this sentence could just be bad reporting combined with an unthinking statement from the university.
But "officials" means he spoke with more than one person.
Why?
And why not name them?

You sound like The Dude from WVU. They said no comment so that must mean it's true. I have no idea what happened. Nor does anyone that wasn't involved in it know (whatever "it" is). A "no comment" doesn't mean jack, and anyone reading into it is just speculating, which is nonsense.

huh???
:confused:

Winner:

and jus wait til we get them on the court in a few weeks!!!
they cant matchup with us epecially at pg

You sound like The Dude from WVU. They said no comment so that must mean it's true. I have no idea what happened. Nor does anyone that wasn't involved in it know (whatever "it" is). A "no comment" doesn't mean jack, and anyone reading into it is just speculating, which is nonsense.

That's right. A "no comment" from unidentified "officials" sure is strong support for the breakout star isn't it?

Awesome. Yes, when I think of great diplomats, JB always comes to mind.

You mean the diplomatic JB that called two alledged child abuse victims liars and only after money? I am sure the same fans weren't calling JB diplomatic then...

That's right. A "no comment" from unidentified "officials" sure is strong support for the breakout star isn't it?

It's not SU's business to comment on something where nothing official actually happened (that we know of). So now anytime an athlete is accused of something (on twitter, mind you), SU is supposed to issue some sort of statement about it. BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom